“Very disappointing.”

Hampton Inn and Suites Nashville Franklin (Cool Springs)
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Franklin
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I am not a complainer but was very disappointed with my stay.

Expensive($160)noisy,no fridge or microwave,had to stand in line to check out.

I am a Gold Hilton member yet I was given a room that was right next to the elevator and ice machine(both were noisy)and my room faced the interstate.In addition the dumpster was emptied at 4.30 AM which awoke me. The temperature in the hallway was about 110 so I had to run the air conditioner in order to have a comfortable room temperature.

Location is convenient, 2 restaurants within a 30 second walk,friendly staff,average breakfast.

Will not stay again, $160 is way too much for this hotel.

Room Tip: If they give you a room that ends with a low odd number 01-09, decline it unless you like noise.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
GuestSatisfactionSup, Guest Satisfaction Supervisor at Hampton Inn and Suites Nashville Franklin (Cool Springs), responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

First, I'd like to apologize for the inconveniences experienced during your latest stay. We obviously did not live up to your expectations and I am sincerely sorry that we "fell short" on this occassion.

We do value all our guests and strive to ensure that every stay, for every guest, is a good experience. I will be addressing all the issues that occurred during your stay and working dillegently to make sure they do not happen again.

However, the management and staff of the hotel do still care very much about your satisfaction and the satisfaction of every other guest at the hotel, as we do honor the Hampton Guarentee. Please feel free to call the hotel directly. We will do our best to make up for your latest stay.

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and helping us to become a better property.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

As always Hampton Inn saves the night! Price is reasonable and fair. Hampton Inn gives discounts for AAA members. Room is comfortable and clean. Staff is attentive and friendly. Staff even called us to see if room was satisfactory. Great complimentary hot breakfast in the morning and hot beverages during the evening hours. Thanks for the chocolate chip cookies.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
GuestSatisfactionSup, Guest Satisfaction Supervisor at Hampton Inn and Suites Nashville Franklin (Cool Springs), responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville/Franklin (Cool Springs)! It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much with us. I will certainly relay your positive comments to my staff. They will be thrilled to hear that we could go above and beyond your expectations. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed December 17, 2012

This a nice hotel in a nice location. Nice sized, clean room. We were given a room right next to the elevator which I thought was going to be a problem. Turned out to be quiet and we both got a good nights sleep. Breakfast was nice.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dale S
Reviewed November 25, 2012

My family stayed here over the Thanksgiving holiday. The morning of Thanksgiving we had rashes and bites all over our bodies. None of us had ever experienced bedbugs before so we went to speak to the front desk. The front desk clerk told us the small tiny speck of a specimen we brought to the desk was in fact a bed bug. We were immediately moved to a room across the hall and one room down several doors.
When we spoke to the manager the next morning, he initially stated that the rooms were taken care of, however by the end of the conversation he claimed that because we were moved into new rooms and weren't bitten every night of our stay, we were responsible for the fees! We have huge welts all over our faces and bodies, over 100 bites on my body alone. The manager also admitted they had an outbreak just a few months prior!! The lobby was filthy and in my opinion this hotel should shut its doors to take care of its infestation problems accordingly!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Guest G
GuestSatisfactionSup, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Nashville Franklin (Cool Springs), responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Thank you for choosing our Hampton Inn and Suites here in Franklin, TN. during your recent stay. We appreciate you letting us know about your stay, and it was a pleasure meeting you and your family. I certainly apologize for the inconvenience and as we discussed our hotel stands behind the 100% satisfaction and that was invoked for your entire stay. I know you and your family did not want to move to another hotel, so we took care of the charges for the following night as well, that's the least we could do.

The employees and I were decorating our lobby for Christmas during two days of your stay, so we apologize if the tree and decorations were not quite up and out of the lobby. Again, I appreciate spending time with you and your family and we hope you will come back to our wonderful hotel. Please feel free to contact me personally and I will make your reservations for you.

Thank you for your time and attention...

Reviewed November 17, 2012

We had been on the road 7 hours when we happened on the Hampton Inn. We paid an extra $9 to upgrade to a suite, could not believe how large it was. It came with a fully equipped kitchen, living area, bedroom, bathroom and vanity area. Since the bedroom was located in the rear of suite & not near the doors & hallways it was very quite. The staff were very friendly & helpful. Breakfast & lobby area have a beautiful decor. We enjoyed sitting by the fireplace in lobby area after dinner.

Breakfast was included but since I have gluten/dairy allergies the only thing I could have was the fruit.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We have stayed at this inn on four previous occasions and have always been very satisfied until this visit. This time was quite different. When we first entered our room, we thought that it was already occupied or that the bed hadn't been properly made. The comforter inside the duvet was so full of lumps that it looked like someone had just been resting there. The heat was very difficult to control. Once it reached the set temperature, the air conditioning automatically came on to cool the room down! The toilet would flush properly only if you held the lever down until the flush process was finished. Burned out bulb in the bathroom nightlight too. No ice on our floor either. We had to go one fIoor up or one floor down to get it. I guess we were lucky on that score during our other visits. It seems that the building is divided into two sections and apparently you can't get from one to the other without going through the lobby. Even number rooms have ice on first and third floors - odd on two and four - or something like that. It seemed crazy to us. And ordinarily Hilton Honors members get a paper delivered to their door. Not here although they were available in the lobby. The staff was very friendly and helpful (good dinner suggestions), except for the breakfast assistant. She left her Southern charm at home the morning we were there. Considering the price, we felt cheated. Will stay elsewhere next time we're in Franklin.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
GuestSatisfactionSup, Executive Housekeeper at Hampton Inn and Suites Nashville Franklin (Cool Springs), responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Thank you very much for your continuous stays with us. We very much appreciate your loyalty to Hampton Brands. I am sorry that your most recent stay did not live up to what you are used to at our location. Our Hampton staff is around 24/7 to take care of any needs whether it's a call for amenities or even maintenance help. Whatever the need we are more than happy to take care of it for you. I would also like to apologize for the inconvenience with the news papers. The USA Today has gone digital at Hampton Properties, available, with just a click of a button or a tap on a screen. However, not everyone prefers that, so we do keep a set amount of hardcopies in our lobby for those who prefer an actual newspaper. Again I apologize for the confusion. We certainly don't want to leave you with a negative impression of our property and would love to have you stay with us again. If you call our hotel directly we can add comments and requests into your reservation so that we can take certain preferences into account, that are specific to our hotel, when picking your room. So, if there is anything we can do for you, whether it's making a new reservation or possibly amending your troubles with you previous stay. Please contact the front desk and/or our General Manager, Jeff Glover. Thank you for taking the time to review us.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

The price of this room was outrageous, especially given the following. Room was adverstised as two beds, actually contained a king bed and one very uncomfortable pull out sofa. The room had a horrible odor that wouldn't go away even with the window open. And when the toilet wouldn't flush in the morning, the front desk did not send anyone to fix it. Four people in one room with no bathroom for several hours.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

We appreciate your time and consideration in writing your review. While I would like to thank you for choosing our location to stay, I would also like to apologize for your troubles with your stay. We strive for customer service in the highest form, but it seems that was not what you were given. We certainly did not intend for that to be your impression of us. We are there 24/7 so that we can take care of the guests needs anytime something should arise, and therefore this will make a great learning tool. With that being said, f there is anything we can for, even at this time please feel free to contact the hotel directly and speak to either myself, Allison, or our General Manager, Jeff Glover.