“Something is wrong here”

Days Inn Franklin Nashville
Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in Franklin
Saginaw, MI
“Something is wrong here”
Reviewed March 11, 2010

I can't believe the reviews that say their rooms were "clean"; I don't know where they
stayed, but the room I stayed in -122- was NOT. Second night of three I found
to alive bugs between the sheets. All the night staff would say that she agreed
they were bugs and offered new room. How do I know that the change wouldn't
have bugs, also. Am handicapped and traveling alone and was not able to move
myself at that time of night. Told to talk to day person; I checked out one day early
due to bugs and uncleanliness of room. ICK!! Nothing was mentioned about
the bugs in my room by the day staff and I was told they would be aware of the
problem. All I wanted to do was get out of there and find new accomadations;
which I did.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
daysinnfranklin, Webmaster at Days Inn Franklin Nashville, responded to this review, November 26, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Days Inn Franklin Nashville for your recent stay in our area.

Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

1) Housekeeping staff received extra training regarding the level of cleanliness which we require of them.

2) Maintenance staff was contacted concerning the report made of bugs in the room. They were told to see to it that they were eliminated.

I hope that the next time you visit our area you will once again choose to stay at the Days Inn Franklin Nashville. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed September 9, 2009

Super little motel. The desk staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was a typical budget hotel room, however it was very clean and the bathroom was spotless. The best part of my stay was how quiet it was. There was no road noise and I never heard any noise from the other travelers. Good value.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Madison, AL
Reviewed October 18, 2008

I stayed at the Days Inn for a dog show. After the first night, I could barely walk to compete with my dog because my back hurt so bad from the lousy bed. I think the floor would have been softer than that rock-hard mattress. After the first day of the show, I went to Wal-Mart and bought an air mattress and slept on that the second night. I will be back to Franklin for many more dog shows, but will never, ever stay at this motel again.

• Liked — location was convenient
  • Disliked — worst mattresses I've ever slept on
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
daysinnfranklin, Webmaster at Days Inn Franklin Nashville, responded to this review, November 27, 2010
Dear Guest,

I hope that both you and your canine companion had a wonderful time competing in the dog show.

I’m sorry that you found our mattress to be uncomfortable and I’m glad that you were able to come up with something that allowed you to rest more comfortabley.

Clintwood
Reviewed October 6, 2008

I stayed at this Days Inn because of a conference. I did not know what to expect because I had stayed at Days Inn in the past and they were not what they seemed to be. This Days Inn was clean and the staff was WONDERFUL!!!!
I recommend this motel if you are in the Franklin area.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Kingsport
Reviewed August 18, 2007

We were apprehensive when we first checked into the hotel but decided to stay anyway since we were only going to be there one night. I woke up at 3 am and the room was literally swarming with roaches. I could not kill them quick enough. I immediately woke up my husband and advised him we were leaving right then. The person in the office advised me he did not have the authority to give a refund and treated me like I was a lunatic who was overreacting. I don't know anyone in their right mind who could lay back down in a bed and close their eyes after they had witnessed roaches crawling up and down every surface in the room. We were leaving the next morning on our first 15 hour leg of a drive across the country and it really started out our trip on the wrong foot. Fortunately, there are thousands of other reputable hotels in the country and the rest of our trip went amazingly well. This experience taught us that you should listen to that little voice in your head saying this is not a good hotel...find another one, quick!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Thousands of roaches.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
daysinnfranklin, webmaster at Days Inn Franklin Nashville, responded to this review, November 27, 2010

Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

1) Maintenance staff was instructed to see to it that the roach problem was looked into and eliminated.

2) The management staff received extra training as to the courteous, supportive manner in which they are to treat our valued guests.

U.S.
Reviewed March 18, 2007

An older property but in okay shape. Room could have been a little cleaner but I wasn't expecting it to be Buckingham Palace. Mattresses were kind of soft but lots of pillows on the beds. Personnel at the front desk were very polite and accommodating, willing to find the best deal without my asking. Continental breakfast was good, consisted of muffins, danishes, cereal, juice, coffee.

This is a good hotel for budget travelers who don't want to spend the extra money in downtown Nashville, which is only a quick 15-20 minute drive away.

• Stayed March 2007, traveled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 13, 2004

Clean room and enjoyable continental breakfast.
Bathroom needs updating but still clean.

• Stayed June 2004