“Excellent southern food”
Review of Okra - CLOSED

Okra
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Open about a month, Okra is making a splash in Fayetteville and as far away as Huntsville, Al and Franklin, TN. The food is Southern with a flair. This is the only restaurant in Fayetteville with a trained Chef and the quality of the food shows the results of careful training coupled with imagination. Blue Plate special at lunch changed daily as does the dinner special. More up-scale (table cloth and candles) at night.
Reviewed June 9, 2014

This restaurant is in the center of Fayetteville. You might drive right by if you aren't looking for the address. Inside it is small but nicely decorated. We were greeted and seated quickly. The waitress was extremely friendly and answered our questions about items on the menu. We tried the shrimp and grits and the shrimp and andouille gumbo. Both were good size portions, presented well and with enough uniqueness to make them different than what you might get at another restaurant. They were also delicious. We had no room for anything else so I'll have to go back to try out more of the menu.

2  Thank tonybz

Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

The wife and I were on a motorcycle ride and just happened upon this place. we needed a rest and I t had a cute name so we tried it. We were glad we did. The fried okra was fantastic and the service was great too. The atmosphere was good and they played great music overhead. If you go, make sure you get their blackberry tea. I hope to find myself in Fayetteville again.

1  Thank Kbishop522
Reviewed May 5, 2014

After four times eating at Okra, I hope I'm through. The food is not particularly good and the price is too high. Owners want to be gourmet, but just don't quite get it. No bar, but you can brown-bag your own wine.

2  Thank Jack28937334
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Drove up from Huntsville, for a little "Day Trip". Checked TripAdvisor, for the best spot for lunch. Intrigued by OKRA's menu and reviews, we decided to give it a whirl. I got the Roast Chicken (very moist & tender), Wild Rice (very good), Sweet & Spicy Slaw (ok, not great), Fried Okra (fantastic). My husband got BBQ Pork ( excellent), Mashed Potatoes ( almost as though they forgot the salt), Pasta Salad (nice flavor). Overall, we were VERY PLEASED!! Service was great, ambiance was nice, they were playing old 70's rock, so also very nostalgic. We plan to make another trip to visit OKRA in the future!!

Reviewed April 1, 2014

Went to Okra on Sunday, March 30, to celebrate wife's birthday. Both had smothered pork chops, fried okra; I had mashed potatoes and she had the baked apples. Wonderful meal! At a time when so many restaurants use powered potatoes for their mashed potatoes it was a treat to have something which had been pealed in the kitchen and cooked fresh. The same goes for the apples--these were obviously fresh fruit and not something out of a can.

We drove more than 30 miles, one way, to visit Okra again and we are already hunting for a excuse to go again. I will drive past a host of restaurants to get to Okra where my expectations are met by good food, consistently prepared with care and served with some flair. Hooray for something delicious and different in Fayetteville.