“Much improved”

Cuisines: German
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

We have eaten at this restaurant before but last visit was wonderful. Food was delicious and service was exceptional! We will be going back!

Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have eaten here on a number of occasions. The old location felt like many of the places we are at while vacationing in Germany. The new location doesn't have the same feeling, but it still has the same great food. The schnitzel melts in your mouth, and all of the side items make it so hard to choose just one. Save room for dessert because it is the perfect ending to a great meal.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

For somebody who live 19 years in Germany and just moved back to the state 3 years ago. I was happy to find out that there is a German Restaurant here in Knox.
I had my father and nephew with me. I like the style a bit to much Bayern for me but it felt authentic to me. I must say yes it takes a little bit to get the meal. But that's normal you want a fresh cooked meal you wait that is the German way fresh cooked not held warm all day.
I had the Curry wurst for appetizer with Kartoffelpuffer(potato pancake) the sauce was good the potato cake was not at all the real german way not even close it was a American hash brown.
You do not put sour cream with a currywurst what missed the curry powder. The knackwurst was great but not the right thin for a currywurst. The Ungarischer Gulasch was again more merka then euro cut the meat smaller let it cook longer and add more paprika powder. The german fried potato's please don't use the deep fry, they need to be pan fried with dices onion. The Schnitzel PLEASE that that is not hard to make flower the meat then salt and pepper nothing ells wash through egg and then bread it. Fry in pan with both sides crisp for about 4 min per side on high heat put on rack then serv. Spaetzel OMG Schwabben would die. Use a wood board to cut them in the water you can taste it. The Jaeger sauce was good needed some more salt and less sweetness but still good. Ok now the Schweins Hacks that thing was great I must say it was Authentic. My Father loved it.

Please don't take me wrong I will still be coming back but please kick it up a notch.

Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

Love the new place. It gives it a nice feel. The food is always great. We always bring our German friends and they enjoy it as well! Good beer selection!

Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

My husband, mom and I went to Linderhof for Sunday lunch. They have moved to a larger place since our last visit. I do prefer the more quant old location however they can seat more people in the new location. My husband ordered a wine they were out of however the second choice was just as good. His first choice of entree and they were out. He ended up with Best of the Wurst and thought it was good. I am not sure why out of so much unless the holiday weekend had been extremely busy, they did have some July 4th specials.
My mom and I both had petit mignon with bacon, caramelized onions and blue cheese. Both were cooked as requested. My mom had potato salad as side dish, it was huge, she could not eat it all. My side dish was red Kraft and was a healthy portion too. The prices are in line with the portions.
The staff was attentative without being overly intrusive. As I stated we have eaten here before and enjoyed it as much as we did today. If you like German food make sure you go to Linderhof.

1  Thank gabahatcher