“Real German Food”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Real German Food”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

We have eaten at the Linderhof in their old location and didn't go often as the service was extremely slow. We tried it at the new location and had very pleasant experince. The food was good at the old location and may be better at the the new location. We lived in Germany in the 70's and have found the food at the Linderhof was genuine German food. The portions are big and everyone in the group liked what they had. The service was good. Don't go if you are on a diet. We plan on going back many times.

• Visited October 2013

Jefferson City, Tennessee
“A little apprehensive at first....”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

After reading some of the reviews for this place, we were wondering about our choice in dining.
I can assure you that what I had read was NOT the case for us!!!
Although it is a very long drive for us we made the trip to this quaint little German restaurant.
It appears they have recently moved into a new location which has overcome some of the problems others have related to in previous comments. While still cozy were not sitting in each others laps and rubbing elbows with each bite.
The place was very clean and decorated in Barvarian style.
Our waitress, Paige, was just a delight to be around. And she had the most contagious smile ever!
We went over the menu, asked a few questions and made our choices. The soups were hot and delicious. The salads were just that....salads. Although my wife had the sampler German salad and it was just more than delicious!
We ordered the "Furstenteller for Two". What a fantastic plate of food!!!!!! The plate contained two kinds of pork, two kinds of wurst, potatoes ,and cabbage. WOW!!! What a feast it was. This has to be the first time I have brought more food home than I ate.....whew!!
And it was ALL GOOD and TASTY!
Ms. Paige informed me that they just received a East German Black Beer on tap and that it was in for only a short time, would I like one??? Well, I am a sucker for dark beer...need I say more??? It was delicious and its name was KOSTRITZER !!!
This outing had everything, my beautiful wife, cozy restaurant, excellent food and beverage, and a proficient server with a sense of humor. WELL DONE Linderhof

• Visited November 2013
Knoxville, Tennessee, USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great German Food”
Reviewed November 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

If you want great Germanic food in a nice atmosphere, Linderof is the place to eat. Great variety of foods, beer, and wines

Visited November 2013
Columbus,OH
“One to remember”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Went there later in the evening on a Wednesday. I was by myself, and sat at the bar, where there were a few others. The bartender Joel introduced himself and others sitting at the bar so it was not so intimidating. Beer selection was good, and settled in.
The beer cheese soup was outstanding as was the salad sampler plate. I got the schnitzel and it was one of the best I have ever had. Meat was perfect and the sauce was a well blended and complex. This was truly one to remember.
The only complaint was they did not have any more strudel, so order yours at the start of your night to make sure you get some.
Great staff, we even spoke some German, great food (if you like German). It may be a bit pricey compared to an Applebees but this is a higher end restaurant, and priced accordingly. Well worth it.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank duke77
Chicago, IL
“Courteous service, good beer, great food”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Me, my girlfriend and a friend of mine went to Linderhof on one Saturday on Oct 2013. The first to catch attention was the old decor with chandeliers and art-work reminding of by-gone European ages, which was a welcome change of ambience for us. The crowd was mostly a combination of upper-middle-class people in 40-70s, with a few young couples occupying a couple of other tables. We ordered a combination of Schnitzel and Wurst dishes. The Shnitzels are the best I have ever had anywhere in US. Not that the food tastes completely authentic German (it gets pretty close though for a non-German), but it was a good combination of spices and condiments that made the food taste good. The Wurst was okay, but nothing extraordinary. The beer selection was good, so was the music (a man playing known tunes in an accordian). The waitress was not the most informed about the food or the drinks, and had to refer to people in the kitchen every-time we asked any qiestion about the menu or the time for cooking or ingredients. But in the end, I had left my credit-card on the table (I was half drunk after 3 beers), she followed us to the arking lot, stopped the car, gave back my credit card, and also, packed us some bottled water for the road (I was not the one driving though). We did like the gesture. Overall, a good experience of food and ambience, especially, I would highly recommend the Shnitzel combo dinners at Linderhof any day.

• Visited October 2013