Hampton Inn & Suites Knoxville - Turkey Creek / Farragut
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Farragut
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Don't know why this hotel was rated numero uno. It was priced at $20.00 more than the other Hampton in the same area. It was clean as I expect Hampton to be, but it was late and there were no warm fuzzies from the person at the desk. But what was the most unpleasant was the smell of the room....hit you like a ton of bricks when you walked in....my only guess is it was coming out of the cooling system. Should have asked for a different room, but it was late...almost midnight and we were just wanting to sleep. Did not understand the rave reviews for this place...it was okay. Still am loyal to Hamptons tho...have stayed in other brands (on this trip and others) and the Hamptons are the best of this type of hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Tom O, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Knoxville - Turkey Creek / Farragut, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel through Trip Advisor, I truly appreciate the time you took out of your schedule to provide us with your thoughts concerning our hotel. I was truly disappointed to hear of the odor in the room, as soon as we read your comments on your survey through Hilton we immediately went to the room to determine the issue, we were unable to determine what it was that caused the odor during your stay but took precautionary measures and cleaned the A/C unit and the carpet in the room to eliminate any potential odor causing issues. Also I have addressed with our staff the warm fuzzy, we work at a hotel in the South we need to show that good southern hospitality, so rest assured that we have addressed these issues and hope that when you return in the future you will see a marked improvement.

Please contact me personally to book your next reservation at tom.oneiljr@hilton.com or dial me directly at (865)966-0303.

Thank you again for the opportunity to serve you, we hope you give us another chance to show that award winning Hamptonaility!

Reviewed July 19, 2013

We are experienced world travelers, HHonors members, and always look to Hampton Inns as a first choice. The good for this hotel: new, fresh, clean, conveniently located to freeway and many restaurants. The bad: newer construction seems to have thinner walls (noise from adjoining rooms), and beds that are not up to the Hampton Inn standard. As you will note from other reviews, many people stay here for weddings, boat races, etc. This is great for the hotel's revenue, and party revelers, but not so great for other guests who might be interested in a peaceful nights rest. During our two-night stay, we could not sleep until after midnight due to other discourteous guests. In defense of the hotel, the second night's party was shut down within 20-30 mins of a call to the front desk. After I completed an unfavorable review with Hilton, I received an apologetic email from the GM, Tom O. In addition, Hilton provided a full refund (after two emails), for the two nights stay. My advice: if you are checking in, and find there is a large group (such as a wedding party).....keep on driving. I grew up in the Farragut area, and return frequently, but would never consider staying at this property again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Tom O, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Knoxville - Turkey Creek / Farragut, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear DaChief;

Thank you again for filling out another review of our hotel; we truly appreciate all the feedback concerning your stay. It is never our intent to concentrate on one customer over another, it is our intent to try and accomodate all guests. Those guests that we know are here for celebratory reasons such as weddings and birthdays; we offer our meeting room and lobby for them to congregate in so that they don’t bother other guests on the floors. When we receive guest complaints about noise we act accordingly to limit the discomfort of our guests, I appreciate that you put that in your review. As I stated in my earlier email to you, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and we stand by our guarantee, if you are not satisfied 100% we don't expect you to pay.

Thank you again for your kind words about our staff, I do hope that you will stay here again, please contact me personally at (865)966-0303 if there is anything further that we can do for you.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Hampton Inn & Suites Knoxville-Turkey Creek/Farragut is a good place to live. The room is clean, facilities are convenient. The lobby looks good. The breakfast is nice. If there is another chance, I would like to try the swimming pool and other sport facilities. Oh one more thing, the internet is fast, if it is wireless, it would be more convenient to use computer on bed.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Ming-Jie Z

Thank you very much for the review on Trip Advisor we truly appreciate your kind words concerning our hotel. I have posted your review for our staff to enjoy as well, please contact us directly when you plan to return to the Knoxville area we will ensure that you have another perfect stay.

Thank you again for your review, have a great day!

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I stayed here with a group for a business trip. The hotel is clean and the rooms are very nice. My bed was extremely comfortable and the internet was plenty fast for my needs. The rooms had wall unit thermostats that were much more effective than the old style hotel room air conditions. Also within walking distance to some bars/restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Cameron B;

Thank you very much for your review, I'm glad everything went well with your stay and business trip. We appreciate your kind comments, I have printed out your view so that our staff could read it as well. Please contact us when you are traveling back to Knoxville, we will gladly accomodate you on your next business trip.

Thank you again for taking the time to post a review of our hotel on trip advisor.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Great location for shopping, restaurants and walking paths. Breakfast buffet offered many items. Staff is very warm, friendly and efficient. Exercise room had plenty of equipment. Hotel is very CLEAN! Fire pit with chairs outside by pool looked inviting, but it rained our entire stay.

Dear Gerry_Girl13;

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review of our hotel on Trip Advisor I truly appreciate your kind words about our hotel and staff. I wish we could have made it stop raining during your visit, it was quite dreary week. I hope that the next time you stop in Knoxville that the weather is a tad bit more accomodating. Please contact me at your convenience and we will gladly book another room for you.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Each staff individual that we encountered was warm and welcoming. I had an unusual request that they were more than happy to accommodate within reason. My family felt valued and respected. The staff asked questions to best fit our needs, but not so many that I felt intruded on. They offered directions to avoid some of the more congested interchanges, and each of them seemed genuinely concerned with our comfort.

Dear Thundershield;

Thank you kindly for the words of praise you had for our hotel, especially the great review of our staff. I have printed and posted your review for all to see. I hope to see you again in the near future so we can once again show off that award winning hamptonality.

Sincerely;

Reviewed June 29, 2013

After a long day of travel, this hotel was a treasure! CLEAN, CLEAN! Staff was friendly and helpful. Did I mention CLEAN!!! Although our room faced the front of the building we heard NO noise. I felt as though I had stepped into an HGTV stage because the room looked as though a designer had put everything together. I would have been happy to pack the room in my trunk and take it home it was so comfortable and clean.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Tom O, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Knoxville - Turkey Creek / Farragut, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear Angela 49049;

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel at Trip Advisor, we truly appreciate the time you took out of your day to tell other guests about your experience. I have printed out your comments and posted them so that our staff can also read your kind words.

The next time you travel through Knoxville/Farragut area please contact us directly, we would love to show you that award winning Hamptonaility once again.

Tom

tom.oneiljr@hilton.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Farragut
Fairfield Inn & Suites Knoxville West
Homewood Suites by Hilton Knoxville West at Turkey Creek
Comfort Suites Knoxville West-Farragut
Hampton Inn & Suites Knoxville Papermill Drive
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Knoxville-Farragut
Clarion Inn & Suites Knoxville West

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Knoxville - Turkey Creek / Farragut? Share your experiences!