“SOB (Shrimp, Oysters & Beer) - Good Stuff”
Review of Shrimp Oysters and Beer - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Shrimp Oysters and Beer
Cuisines: Seafood
Kingston, Tennessee
“SOB (Shrimp, Oysters & Beer) - Good Stuff”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

My wife and I decided to finally drop in and try it out. We opted to dine in the bar area which had several large screen for the sports bar fans instead of the separated dining area where the cooks could be observed preparing your dishes.
Menu items had a wide selection, including a few varieties of chicken and steak for the non-seafood lovers. You can check out the menu on their website. Besides our frosty beverages, our meal started by splitting a huge bowl of clam chowder, which was excellent. Lots of clam chunks, potatoes and a wee bit heavy on the bacon, but how can you go wrong their. Wife ordered the coconut shrimp appetizer, which consisted of 8 large shrimp. Very good coconut and panko dusted shrimp were cooked just right and provided a delicious flavor. I tried to go somewhat healthy but ignoring the choice salads, and went for a grilled grouper sandwich (I would have preferred fried of course). Grouper was on what appeared to be a ciabata type roll with a caper aoili sauce (better than tartar) and tomato/lettuce/red onion. It came with the cajun fries and coleslaw for the sides. I also ran into a friend and his wife, who happened to be on their first visit. They loved it and he raved about the fried oyster appetizer that he ordered for his meal. Both my wife and I were very satisfied with the food. And I need t mention our server Sarah who was very attentive and did a great job. Without any hesitation, I will go back, I will tell my friends about it and I am telling you about it. Try it - I think you will be pleasantly surprised as I was.

• Visited February 2013

Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
“Good Food and Friendly Service”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

This was my first time going since the place opened a couple months ago. I was pleasantly surprised to see it owned by local folks. Mario will make sure everything is just the way you like it.

We got an app of oysters rockefeller which was tasty, and they brought us a sampling of their gumbo that was outstanding, just the right amount of spice. Everything came out quick and was fresh. The cajun fries served with blue cheese was a nice twist, they also serve plantains and a couple other things you would not expect from a seafood restaurant, especially in Farragut TN.

I will definitely be back soon!!!

• Visited December 2012
Tucson, Arizona
“Fish Tacos!!!”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Fish tacos are what we get every time. They are different than other places but really, really good. And the black beans and rice with them is awesome too. Don't miss this place. May be a little out of your way, but well worth the effort.

• Visited September 2012
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Captain Ernie is now Caribbean Grill!”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Many of us were so worried when Captain Ernie's closed in Farragut. We thought that we had seen the last of a restaurant serving delicious, really fresh seafood in East Tennessee. What a relief to know that we can drive a few miles down Interstate 75 to Lenoir City for Captain Ernie's great seafood (the best in Tennessee!) at the Caribbean Grill !!!

• Visited July 2012
Thank Phillip and Mar... W
Lenoir City, Tennessee
“Even better now that they have moved!”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Now at 501 Highway 321 N in Lenoir City, TN and the food, atmosphere and wait staff are better than ever! Best Seafood in the Knoxville Area.

Visited May 2012