“Between poor and average”

Deerfield Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fairview
Fairview, Tennessee
“Between poor and average”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

needs updating and a good cleaning. the carpet needs to be replaced, new bedding would be nice too, the bed is a little hard for me. I have stayed at worse, and a lot better. they did take our dog, for an extra charge, so that helped us. It will do for one night. I will say if you are travelling w/a pet it has a nice place to walk them.at the time of this writing it has been very quite, so i'm hoping for a good nights sleep. I like that it is all one level, with parking at your door. If they would make the rooms as nice as the outside looks would be perfect.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank G S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

In a pinch, due to a full house in Nashville, we had to stay here for one night. Based upon the good reviews, we selected this establishment over another nearby possibility. While I understand we got one of the last available rooms, it doesn't explain the toilet problems. Our choices were to not flush the toilet at all or to lift the back off and do it manually (and then prevent it from running by stopping it as well). Our room was tired and dirty; the surroundings feel unsafe and are pretty sketchy. The "continental breakfast" was frightening (thankfully, there's a Dunkin' Donuts down the road). The only thing that can be said is that we didn't pay very much for the room. When we checked out of the hotel and complained, we were offered a "coupon" for a future stay (and, obviously that's not going to happen). Overall, yuck!!

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Michael M

Travelers are raving about these Fairview hotels

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I booked the room through Priceline, and frankly I was a little leery initially because of some negative reviews. I went ahead anyway, since we planned one night only.

I was expecting a standard highway motel, but we were pleasantly surprised. The manager/owner is very pleasant, and the check in was smooth, not that you expect any issues these days. The property is a pleasant 40 unit single story, set well back from the road. The road, while a highway, is really more country road in look and feel; despite the large truck stop across the way, it does not give you the smoky/choky feel of staying under an overpass.

The room was clean, very large for the price we paid (around $50), and the were no unpleasant odors. The maid may have oversprayed the deo, but it was ok. The room boasted a fridge and a microwave, and the carpet was clean. The bathroom was large, well lit, and also very clean. The shower worked well. There were many channels on the cable, and the TV was a relatively new flat panel. The air conditioning unit was super effective. Finally, the bed is comfortable and there were no bedbugs as one reviewer noted. They have some rudimentary breakfast, but if you are Indian, you may be offered masala chai! We were.

I would wholeheartedly recommend this motel. For the price, it can't be beat....

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sridhar S
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed July 15, 2013

DO NOT STAY HERE!!! Came into town for a funeral. Stayed here one night with my 21mnth old and vacated in morning. Got bit up by fleas in the night and more so once we woke up. I got up to report this and look at their "breakfast" and was even more disgusted. Breakfast was 2 cereal dispensers and some prepackaged cookies and 1 danish. No waffles, barely coffee. My first complaint the man apologized and said they would "look into it". I captured one of the lil beasts and put it in water and showed him. The man got rude and basically told me I could change rooms or leave with refund. No offer to upgrade to better room for trouble, no offer to even come see for himself, just an attitude. I opted for refund but out of 3 nights I was here for I only got back 2 nights. His reasoning wad cause I had stayed one night. Maybe I think differently but most places give you FULL refund when something like this happens. Place LOOKS good on outside and has moderate wifi with some decent rooms but I guess glamor does not denote quality of service.

Room Tip: DON;T GO HERE! much better places few miles away
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank looneytuny
Southgate, Michigan
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Clean, quiet, affordable! Nice diversion from the hurried pace in Nashville. The short drive via the 2-lanes sure beats playing bumper tag on the slab! Never even heard the truck traffic on the main road.

If the fast food/chain restaurants are your thing, there's the usual fare across the street & in town. When we're on vacation, we prefer to try some of the mom-n-pop joints.

Good 'que at Carl's Perfect Pig is about 10 minutes to the north on Hwy 70 in White Bluff.

The Loveless Cafe on Hwy 100 about about 8 miles east of Fairview(13 miles total) is a GREAT place for breakfast too. Another plus is the proximity of the restaurant to one of America's great roads; the Natchez Trace.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sapulpa, Oklahoma
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My famly and I stayed here for 4 nights on the first trip and 2 nights on the second. Very convenient, quiet and the staff are nice. There is a Backyard Burger and a Duncan Dounuts less than a block away. There is also a Denny's right across the street. On into Fairview there's a McDonalds and several other fast food places, a couple of grocery stores and a Dollar General store. All very convenient.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Room was cheap $44 a night and it was almost 30 minutes from downtown Nashville. Room seemed fine until we got settled and see cockroaches crawling on the wall - cobwebs all over the ceiling and the carpet was wet! Brought it to the attention of the manager and all he recommended was for me to check out. So I checked out and found a better hotel in downtown!!! I guess you get what you pay for!!!

• Stayed June 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairview
Quality Inn
#6 of 13 in Dickson
Hampton Inn Dickson
Hampton Inn Dickson
#1 of 13 in Dickson

Been to Deerfield Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!