“Excellent keep up the good work”
Review of Allycakes - CLOSED

Allycakes
“Excellent keep up the good work”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

This place is great it has great service great food everything is perfect the key lime cupcakes and chicken pot pie are my favorites

Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Unprofessional and sloppy”
Reviewed May 9, 2012

My mother ordered a cake from allycakes for my college graduation. She asked for Italian creme with cream cheese frosting. The colors were to be blue and orange. The cake was supposed t say, "congratulations (name)," with the star of life and symbolism of graduating. This order was called in a week before it was to be picked up. The day before my graduation party my mother goes to pick up the cake. When she arrived the cake was not even ready so she had to wait for them to decorate it. When they began my mother expressed it was nothing she had wanted or asked for and the owner (Ally) said, "don't look at it yet we are not done." (it should have already been done, they had a week to complete it.) She proceeds to finish and the cake was a complete mess. The bordering was sloppy, inconsistent, and falling apart. The letters were jumbled and did not say what we requested. She also put pecans and coconut on top which looked more like gravel and no we did not ask for this topping. My mother takes it and immediately sends me a picture of it. I demand she take it back and I call the owner. I express my concern and of course the owner was unwilling to listen. She insisted that this cake was beautiful and worth every penny $50... I tried to explain to her what our issue was and she was not having it so I hung up. She did offer to refund however, my mother would not go back and I live out of town. So we use this cake anyways in hopes it tasted better than it appeared. The restaurant we went to, whom of which is a very authentic Italian restaurant, made the comment that the cake was a scarce sight and when everyone tried the cake it tasted more like vanilla cake instead of Italian creme and the icing was buttercream not cream cheese....The cake itself was moist and wasn't all that bad but the overall quality was very poor. I found the businesses sight on facebook and expressed my concern to other customers and instead of my right to post a review of my experience be respected, the owner as well as several of her personal friends began to verbally insult and assault me. To be frank this woman is very unprofessional and although some of her cakes are lovely, mine was far from it and she made no inclination to attempt to apologize and or correct her wrongs. I will never use her services again.

• Visited May 2012
7 Thank babyblue87
hills of tennessee
“excellent bakery, better than grandma's but don't tell her”
Reviewed January 24, 2012

New bakery in town, I love chocolate so I had to check them out. The chocolate cupcakes were so light and delicate I swore I was eating chocolate air. The creamy frosting was to die for. The italian cream cupcakes were delciious also as well as the various cookies I have managed to sample. They also serve sandwiches and today I had the roast beef with swiss, along with french onion soup. I do hope they keep that one on the menu as I loved it., They are just starting out in this business and already have a large following. I am one of their biggest fans. I am definately hooked. Stop by and say hi to Ally and try out some of her special recipes. You will definately be coming back for more. A+A+A+

• Visited January 2012