“Loved the burrito.”

Cuisines: Mexican
Appalachian Mountains
“Loved the burrito.”
Reviewed March 6, 2012

A few tables in a combination shop/market which sells spices, canned goods, even fresh Mexican pastry, Not fancy. Small place. Very authentic. Folksy. Proud and humble at the same time and very clean. The owner's teenage son took our order. His father made the food. We chose our drinks from the cooler - a real variety of drinks from Mexico, Cokes made with cane sugar, some cocoanut drinks, even aloe drinks. I had the chorizo sausage burrito. My friend, a vegetarian, had one loaded with cheeses and peppers. My wife had the steak one. The salsa came with 3 different choices. We sampled the guacamole, too. Excellent. The burritos arrived, large, superb wrap, perfect. It was a fun dinner, like hanging out at a friend's house. My friend, who has hiked the Appalachian trail (Georgia to Maine) twice, said this would be the perfect food to take on a long day hike. My wife said, well I love the atmosphere here, but even for the Gringo burb types who can't eat anywhere with Spanish language TV on in the background, hey - get smart, get hip, drop in at El Corita, pick some up a taco or burrito to go!

I was impressed. We'll be back. You get a lot to eat and it tastes great and it doesn't cost very much at all.

I'm sure Ernest Hemingway's characters would eat here. Nick would, anyway.

• Visited March 2012