“Tried to scam customers close to closing”
Review of Azteca

Ranked #8 of 28 Restaurants in Erwin
Cuisines: Mexican
erwin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tried to scam customers close to closing”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Hadn't been there in a long time because they overcharged me for the second time in as many visits.
But decided to give it another try, mistake-big mistake!
It was around 8:15 and they closed at 9. We ordered 2 beef and chicken combined fajita salads to go, which according to the menu was supposed to have onions, tomatoes, rice, lettuce, chicken and beef in a tortilla bowl covered with cheese.
But evidently, once home, we realized that our order had no fajita beef and they decided instead of fixing some for our order or telling us they were out, they would just fill them full of mushrooms in place of beef and then if they drown it in cheese ....who would be the wiser- right ? They both would look black in the bowl.
Well, if mushrooms make you sick, I guess like me ---you would notice immediately!
Of course, when I called the restaurant from home no one answered because they were closed. I left a message for them to call me and left my number. No call back. I kept calling until I spoke with the manager. He told me I would have to bring it back for a refund and they were now closed. A refund???? When?? If you are closed ? What about making it right and fixing my dinner the way I ordered it after I drive 15 to 20 minutes to bring it back. He said all he could do is a refund if I brought it back...... 9:20 at night and I'd still have no dinner. I suggested he just credit my charge since he knew this is what they had done and it was their mistake. He was not willing to do anything to keep a customer who was giving his business a second- no third- chance to please a customer. Los Jalapenos has my sole Mexican dinning business now! AZTECA tries to scam their customers- then won't make it right when caught ! Federal Trade Commission and Consumer Protection Agency will definitely hear form me!!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank lgpErwin

Tucson
“Great food”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Quick, easy to get to and lots to eat while hiking. Ordered from the menu and the food was there in less than five minutes.

Visited June 2013
Jupiter Inlet Beach Colony, Florida, United States
“Real Mexican”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

The beer was cold and the delicious food hot. Decor is all but absent but it's a friendly place. The selections were fine: more beers than I ever heard of (I had XX amber) and a menu with almost any combination of Mexican dishes you can think of.

Visited July 2012
Asheville
“Good Food, Great Prices”
Reviewed February 19, 2011

Not your typical Mexican place. Some esoteric stuff on the menu. Quick service and phenomenal value. can get crowded at lunch.

• Visited January 2011
Kingston, Tennessee
“Great Polo Loco was fantastic, an service kept drinks full on a hot day”
Reviewed June 24, 2010

A very nice place. At here June 23rd, 2010 with a business associate. I the Polo Loco here was perfectly grilled chicken, cheese and rice served with flour tortillas, and it is one on my favorite meals in Erwin. Service was fast and friendly and nearly a gallon of drinks quickly refilled rehydrated us after a hot day working. I would happily eat here again.

Been to Azteca? Share your experiences!