“Great rafting and great guides”

Cherokee Adventures
Johnson City, TN
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Great rafting and great guides”
Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

My wife and some of our friends booked a rafting trip with Cherokee Adventures based on a friends referral. We were very glad we decided to go with them. Our guide (Kristi) was amazing. She was great at picking a path down the river as well as knowledgable and engaging. My wife and a few of her friends were pretty nervous as this was their first trip. Kristi did a super job of making them feel at ease. Mike was the guide for the other boat in our group and our friends spoke very highly of him as well. They seemed to be equally impressed. We did the full day upper Nolichucky so we got a lunch with our trip. The lunch was great. I was surprised at the assortment of food. The river has some very fun rapids and the scenery is top notch. Everyone we dealt with at Cherokee was friendly and helpful. I am already wanting to go back. Thanks for a great trip.

1 Thank orangenwhite

Unicoi, Tennessee, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Yet again another excellent trip with Cherokee adventures!”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

By far the best guides that are extremely knowledgeable of the river and its hazards. Highly Rcommended! plus they packed a snack and we ate half way down on a beach loved it!!!

Visited July 2012
2 Thank DylanUnicoi
“Awesome”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

A group of us went on the rafting trip and it was great. Our guide, Loren, was great. He was funny and made the trip better than it already was. We will definitely be going again.

Asheville, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“My expectations were blown away!”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Well to be honest, I read some bad reviews about CA after I already made my reservations so I was a bit scared when I was on my way there this morning. Some of the things I read were saying staff were rude or verbally abusive, That the gear was old and worn out, that the vehicles were old or the rafts were beaten up. Let me set you all straight. From the very moment I called CA I was treated in the most friendly and respectful manner. When we arrived this morning the lady taking credit cards (I never got her name) was the most cheerful and pleasant person in the room even for needing to run about 20 credit cards in 30 mins! She was awesome! After that we had our orientation. Loren did our orientation and he was a great mix of funny and serious. You can tell he loves his job and also conveys the seriousness of rafting and the things that can go wrong. After orientation was a 45 min bus ride to the put in. It is true what they say, the vehicles are old and run down but I see no need to invest big money into a vehicle that merely takes you from point A to point B. It did the job just fine!
The rafting trip (we did the full day) was incredible. Loren was out guide and that man is a beast! (I recommend requesting him as your guide if you want a superb experience.) He navigated us left and right across the river, avoiding rocks like nobody's business! I was amazed at how well he navigated us around obstacles! He was also super funny and really down to earth which made the trip even better.
Let me take a minute to tell you about lunch. We stopped about half way or so to have lunch. I was expecting a loaf of bread, some meat and I was thinking, "Man it would be really neat if they have ketchup and mayo!" Boy was I blown away when they guys set up a giant smorgasbord of food and snacks! I'm not even going to tell you what all was there, you'll have to book a full day trip and see for yourselves!
The best part? Besides the rapids of course, was the swimming and playing in some of the rapids! A luxury not available on the faster upper Nolichucky trip! Me and my girlfriend had a blast swimming around and playing in the rapids!
My only criticism of the entire trip is in regards to the PFD's The life jackets, in my opinion are past their prime. Mine was ripped and stained in some areas, thy smelled of BO a little as well. I think the company could benefit greatly by having a whole new room of PFD's.
Other than that, I highly recommend Cherokee Adventures as your white water rafting company! We had an incredible time out on the Nolichucky today and we can't wait to go back (After a huge rain of course!) ;-)
Thanks to everyone at CA and a special thanks to Loren for the great trip today!

Visited July 2012
Johnson City, Tennessee, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Incredible Experience”
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We loved every second of our trip. Our guide's name was Loren and he is very experienced, gives clear instructions and knows how to have a good time. Make sure to go surfing and expect to get wet.

Visited June 2012