“Whitewater rafting”

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Whitewater rafting”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We had a great rafting experience with NOC on 7 Aug. We arrived at 8am to find only 3 others on the trip. We had one raft and a kayak escort with the entire river to ourselves. Curtiss our guide and Miriam our photo/escort made the trip special. I cant express how much I enjoyed this river experience. Not only is the river something to see and ride but the NOC team made is special. We had a really fun day and met great people! Kudos to Curtis and Miriam.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Liz W

Tampa, Florida
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 189 helpful votes
“Amazing experience, very friendly staff”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This was my first time white water rafting. I was a bit nervous to begin, but had an amazing time. We were immediately greeted outside by Curtis who was extremely nice and helpful. After all the other customers showed up, we were shown the instructional safety video and then geared up. We took the 40 minute scenic bus ride up the mountain. Our guide was Trey who was awesome. The trek down the river/gorge is spectacular. The whole southeast has been getting daily rain for weeks so the river was quite strong and there were a few class 4 rapids. Scary at first (I was afraid of going in the water), but exhilarating after a short while. In the middle of the trek, we stopped along the river and were provided snacks (awesome trail mix and oranges) and water. Their photographer, Kevin who kayaked alongside us, took separate pictures of all parties during this time. The trip was over way too soon. It was absolutely amazing. Every one of the employees were sure to know & address you by name. After you got out of the river, you went to their bathroom/shower/changing rooms, then you all gather back in the building to watch the picture slideshow. You can purchase individual pictures or a whole CD of all pictures from your raft plus the individual pictures taken on the break. Which we were sure to do. We also purchased the souvenir shirt. And we were sure to tip our guide!
This company also offers ziplining. We plan on using them again for that, as well as for other river tours.

Visited July 2013
3 Thank hollyNhollywood
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great family trip”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Our family rafted the Nolichucky river last week and we are still talking about it. This was our first ever rafting trip and we picked this river based on the NOC website and reviews that I have read. We did the full day trip and from start to finish it was excellent. The outpost is easy to find and we were met by Trey who was to be our guide. We were also able to meet Curtis, Laura and Kevin who helped us on the trip as well. Trey did an outstanding job and has a great knowledge of the rapids but also of the history of the river/area. This personal effect topped off an incredible day for my family. The scenery is beautiful and the staff is excellent. My children will never forget this experience. We would highly recommend this trip on the Nolichucky and cant wait to get back to do it again.

3 Thank brndfamily
Alexander, AR
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Big Water Big FUN!”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

My husband and I wanted to take our grandsons on an adventure packed weekend and our decision to include rafting on the Nolichucky worked out perfectly! The grounds, log cabin office nad bathhouse were very clean and neat. Our very professional trip leader and amazingly awesome raft guide, Trey Moore took very good care of us. As newbe white water rafters we appreciated Trey's professionalism and attention to safety. On the river, his personality and his ability to balance between safety and fun really shone! We were entertained not only by the big bouncy waves but by the stories of how the rapids got their names. Our photos say it all...smiles all around! We'll be back for sure.

3 Thank Elene M
southeast
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Perfection from reservation to sauna!”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

What an incredible experience!

My interactions with the staff member at the NOC call center were top notch. She was able to help us with the perfect trip. We chose the Gorge full day trip. The directions on the NOC website were very easy to follow (make sure you use them!) and we arrived at the Nolichucky outpost without any trouble. Curtis greeted us and helped us get started with paperwork and our safety briefing. He was very thorough but very entertaining at the same time.

Our river guide was Phillip. Phillip was AWESOME! He went the extra mile to make sure that we had a great time and he also kept us safe. He knows the river very well. I loved the descriptions of each rapid.

It rained almost the entire day. I must admit, I thought a raft trip in the rain wouldn't be much fun. Boy I was wrong. The NOC gave us splash shirts which helped a lot with warmth. The gorge is absolutely gorgeous. I loved watching the trains go by as we moved down the river.

It was really nice to have warm showers and a sauna at the end of the trip. The bathrooms, changing rooms and sauna were all very clean.

I highly recommend NOC for the Nolichuchky River White Water Rafting. I can't wait for our next trip.

2 Thank 30somethingSoutheast