“Great staff and great experience”
Review of USA Raft

USA Raft
Ranked #1 of 8 things to do in Erwin
More attraction details
Owner description: USA Raft on the Nolichucky and French Broad Rivers. We offer mild to wild whitewater rafting on the Nolichucky, Watauga and French Broad Rivers. We have a beautiful, rustic river-side bunkhouse that sleeps up to 50.Campground next door. We offer full day trips with lunch and half day excursions. Trips start at $40.We also offer wild cave tours. Prepare to get muddy and have some fun underground. Very popular with youth and outdoor groups.
Reviewed June 21, 2014

We came rafting to celebrate our son's graduation from high school. We went on the full day with lunch tour and it was a blast! The weather was perfect for being able to swim in the rapids a few times and splash each other, without getting cold. It is my understanding that the half day does not allow time for getting out of the boat (on purpose) unless it is really hot. Our guide, Sam, was great and we appreciated some of the facts he shared with us about the area (historical and ecological) along the way. The lunch provided was tasty. I appreciated ending the trip at our car, as we have taken other rafting trips with other outfits where you had a 45 minute ride back on the bus after pulling out of the water. Safety is stressed throughout the trip. Sam even had to pull me back into the boat after I was bumped out when we hit a rock. Thanks, Sam! We enjoyed the trip a lot and hope to come back again soon!

Reviewed June 19, 2014

Called at the last minute and staff was very helpful. Got our small group booked. Place was easy to find and location was clean and safe. Everyone we met was extremely nice and friendly. Our guide, Megan, was skillful and shared information about the wildlife we saw. Teenagers enjoyed the duckies. Would love to go back and try another trip.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

What a GREAT day! I had family visiting from out of state and they had never been before. USA Raft took very good care of us. I have a morning radio show and it's very rare that I am willing to talk about a business on the air, but in this case I was more than happy to brag on USA Raft. IT was my second experience with them and they out-did themselves. Joe was our guide for the second time and he was outstanding! Trust me...if you are looking for spectacular day, take the all-day trip with USA Raft. Great fun, great food, great rapids, great people.

Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Our group had a great time! The owner, Matt, was incredibly friendly. Our river guide, Travis, made sure we had a blast! We will definitely visit again!

1  Thank Lee F
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Our guide, Joe, was great. He was very patient with us "first time rafters"! Every staff member we came into contact with was smiling & friendly. They all wanted to be sure that we had a good experience. We weren't sure what the lunch stop would entail, but the meal, sitting on the rocks, watching the rapids, was very good. We had the best time & haven't stopped talking about it since we got home. We have already recommended USA Raft to our friends here in central Illinois. Will certainly do it again if we get the opportunity.

'