“Best rafting I've had!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of USA Raft

USA Raft
Ranked #1 of 8 things to do in Erwin
More attraction details
Owner description: USA Raft on the Nolichucky and French Broad Rivers. We offer mild to wild whitewater rafting on the Nolichucky, Watauga and French Broad Rivers. We have a beautiful, rustic river-side bunkhouse that sleeps up to 50.Campground next door. We offer full day trips with lunch and half day excursions. Trips start at $40.We also offer wild cave tours. Prepare to get muddy and have some fun underground. Very popular with youth and outdoor groups.
Hazlet, New Jersey
“Best rafting I've had!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I've rafted the Delaware and Lehigh River in Pa, but this was the best time I've had. Sam our guide was very skillful and knowledgable about the river that i was very comfortable with him. It was also my son's second rafting trip this year. He just returned from the Boy Scout Jamboree in WV and said the river there was pretty flat. He joined the Nolichucky swim team. i visit relatives in Johnson City every year and can't wait to go back next year and do this again!!
Red Neck Jerseyan

Aiken, South Carolina
“Awesome time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

This was mine and my husband's first time rafting and we couldn't have asked for a better time (9/1/13). Our guide,Travis, was great. Very nice. Sheldon was our group leader. All the other guides seamed great as well. We had a blast. Will definitely go again.

Visited September 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

My husband and I took the Nolichucky rafting trip on 8/31/13 and had a great time. We had originally booked the morning trip, but something came up with my husband's work, and we couldn't make it in time. We asked if it was possible to switch to the afternoon trip (which was already booked up online), and they gladly made room for us. Our guide was friendly, skilled, and shared interesting facts along the trip. I was a little nervous, as it was my first time whitewater rafting, but seeing all of the safety measures they took made me feel a lot better. I would definitely recommend USA Raft!

Valdese, North Carolina, United States
“Blast on the French Broad”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Trip date was 08/25/13 and Spencer was the guide. Great guide! Experienced (7 years on this river), informative, and a good sense of humor too. His knowledge of the river, the history of the river, and all around pleasant personality made for a very enjoyable rafting experience.
Great trip for the novice rafter and enough thrills for the intermediate. We did a half day but would recommend (if weather is going to be nice) a whole day.

Grosse Pointe, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“GREAT fun - recommend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

Our family enjoyed the Class I/II rafting trip on the Nolichucky very much!!! 3 little boys along and they should have driven our river guide Mason nuts - but he was awesome! Beautiful scenery, knowledgeable, pleasant guide, good lunch, nice base camp area. I would definitely use USA for another trip. We've rafted the Nolichucky a couple of years ago with another company - no comparison. USA is far better!!! GO HAVE FUN!!!!!