“Great Adventure!”
Review of USA Raft

USA Raft
Ranked #1 of 8 things to do in Erwin
More attraction details
Owner description: USA Raft on the Nolichucky and French Broad Rivers. We offer mild to wild whitewater rafting on the Nolichucky, Watauga and French Broad Rivers. We have a beautiful, rustic river-side bunkhouse that sleeps up to 50.Campground next door. We offer full day trips with lunch and half day excursions. Trips start at $40.We also offer wild cave tours. Prepare to get muddy and have some fun underground. Very popular with youth and outdoor groups.
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Had a great time white water rafting and caving. Ben and Jayce were awesome guides, very professional. This was our second time on the Nolichucky and in Worley Cave. Thanks USA Raft!!!

Reviewed October 1, 2012

This was my first time rafting, and I truly enjoyed the event. My instructor Ben is the best every. He made the trip up the river educational and amusing. I utlized this trip as a present for my daughter's 23 birthday, and she was very pleased. I would recommend this trip to others. The weather was perfect, mid 70's and the rain kept it exciting.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

We took our Church youth group of 14 to USA Rafts for a night and day trip. We got there late that night and they had a bon fire ready for us to have a short devotion. We stayed in the Crockett Cabin which was very different from the comfort of your home. I stayed with the girls and we had 3 wooden bunk beds that had a thin mattress. The teenage girls weren't very trilled but we made it work. The beds felt like you were sleeping on plywood which wasn't great. The train was VERY loud at night and found out next day on rafting trip that the CSX runs next to the river. The bathrooms/showers/changing rooms were in an outside building. Needless to say I didn't go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. It was clean except for the spider webs hanging from the corners. It was nice to be right by the Nolichucky River and we had breakfast at picnic tables nearby. They did have a few adorable dogs that the kids loved.
We took the 45 minute ride on a bus and were given safety instructions on different things to know while water rafting. We had enough to fill 2 rafts and had the best 2 guides in the group named Jayce and Tyler the "Texas Ranger" with cute mustache. The river had 1, 2, 3 and 4 rapids. It was all fun - the 4's were rough looking but we ended up loving it. The scenery was great along the river and the water was COLD. We had lunch on the side of the river which consisted of fried chicken tenders that were great with dipping sauces, pasta salad, fresh peaches, chocolate chip cookies and the best yeast rolls. We did the surfing thing once and it worked fine, the second time, 5 out of the 8 of us in the boat were thrown out - thankfully I was one of the 3 left in the boat! :) No one got hurt thankfully during our 3+ hours on the river. We ended up back USA Rafts were our stuff was located. We all had a fun filled day whitewater rafting the Nolichucky River with USA Rafts and hope to do it again.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

This was my first time rafting, and we picked the best river to raft on. It has the total package: scenary top notch, rapids were scattered throughout the entire length of the approximate 9 mi. river, and rafting guide excellent (Shim). It was a great workout for the upper body for my fitness geeks. We learned a lot. Our guide, Shim, is a Cherokee Indian who knows the rich history of the area. His knowledge extends from the Indians heritage, civial war, rail system that runs along the mountains, and natures history that surrounded us. Not only was the adventure educational, but it was SOOO MUCH FUN! I am already planning our next trip. The water level was very low. We had a great time, but I hope to go back when the water level is a bit higher. Thanks USA raft, NOLICHUCKY CREW in Erwin, TN for an EXCELLENT weekend.
We were a group made up of adult family, ranging from the age of 30-35.

1  Thank Tasha W
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We traveled to Chimney Rock, NC to visit my sister and she planned a whitewater trip with USA Raft on the Nolichuky Gorge. This was one of the best experiences of my life! Keith and his son Jackson were our guides and we were so lucky to have them. What a great father and son team! Keith made sure every minute was exciting. The scenery was breathtaking! The lunch was perfect with hot food and homemade chocolate chip cookies. I would recommend USA raft to anybody that wants an absolutely fabulous adventure.

1  Thank Lisa D