“Interesting”

Ranked #6 of 77 Restaurants in Elizabethton
Johnson City, TN
“Interesting”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Tried this place based on positive reviews here on TA. The picture is not of the restaurant. It is located in downtown Elizabethton in what was most likely a clothing shop at one time. The place is TINY. Maybe room for 20 or so diners. Menu is different, but lots to choose from. I had the spicy noodle soup - noodles, shrimp, chicken in a spicy (beef?) broth. When I ordered was asked how spicy...so I guess they can addd heat if you want. huge serving for lunch. Was very good and had a nice spicy-ness...plenty of veggies and meat. I would go back, but be prepared to wait for a seat as service is very slow.

• Visited January 2014

Jonesborough, Tennessee
“Great place to eat”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We love the Red Chili, and who would think you'd find such an awesome Korean restaurant in downtown Elizabethton. My husband and I had one of our first dates there, and we come back whenever we happen to be in Elizabethton. The food is excellent, and my favorite is the bi bim bob. I usually burn my mouth because I can't wait for it to cool down. We're also a big fan of the pot stickers, but they have a different name on the menu. The food is always fresh and reasonably priced. Sometimes the owner/cook comes out of the kitchen to talk with customers, and she's quite the character. The place is very small, so we try to come in at off hours to ensure we won't have to wait.

Two downsides are that they are cash only and have strange hours. Right now I think it's only open for lunch on Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday. Best to check that though.

• Visited December 2013
Johnson City, Tennessee
“"All About the Food"”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Make no mistake, this is first-class, mouth-watering, sinus-clearing Korean fare that you will long remember. Two of us shared tasty appetizers like natural spring rolls, and even the extra-delicious seaweed and mushroom soup. Our pork,kim-chee, and rice entrees were both delicious and in large enough portions that we took about two more meals worth home. You can get it as hot-spicy as you can stand, or just spicy. The place is small, not much on ambiance, open limited hours, takes cash only, and we plan to come back soon to try some of the other dishes. It's well worth the eight mile/thirteen minute drive from I-26 if you happen to be on that Interstate.

• Visited October 2013
Bluff City, Tennessee
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Food is a work of art! Took my daughter there for her birthday. They made her a special hand roll with spicy tuna. Food was above average. Try the Blue Chicken platter or Teri-Chicken Soba noodles!!

Visited August 2013
“Unexpected wonderful food”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

It is not very often I truly love the meal when eating out. Blown away by the freshness and quality. It's a hidden gem. Only wish I had found this place sooner. Not for everyone but wonderful bliss to me

• Visited May 2013