“Whitewater Rafting near Boone, N.C.”
Review of Watauga Kayak

Watauga Kayak
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Watauga Kayak provides Guided Whitewater Rafting trips for families, groups, teens, couples, and small children. We also offer guided River and Lake Kayaking trips, guided cave trips. We have a trip for any age and ability. We also offer ECO tours & Nature/Wildlife Tours without the fear of whitewater or falling in. RENTALS available Sunday Trips are by Reservation Only. Book online or Call We are locally owned and operated. Watauga River a class I & II whitewater river.
Jacksonville, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Whitewater Rafting near Boone, N.C.”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Searching for a whitewater rafting trip while vacationing near Boone, N.C., we left no stone unturned. The decision was easy when we called Watauga Kayak (423-542-6777). A mom and pop small business with great service, they customized our trip and were still the best price by at least $6 per person. Our guide (Grant) was fantastic. Not only was he very knowledgeable about the Watauga River, but he was also a true skilled professional. He made sure we were safe at all times, provided water and a snack along with a shore break half way through, and guides because he truly loves it. And if you want a more challenging experience than just a calm float trip, he knows exactly how to read the river for your level of excitement. John and Teresa (owner) are super nice folks. Very accommodating and no surprises. Due to their excellent location, your trip ends at the landing on their property, not some far off place where you have no access to restrooms. It was nice to be able to just get in our own car after using their facilities to change back to dry clothes. So, if you want a great trip, with a professional guide, at the best price on the river....Watauga Kayak. All their guides are well qualified, but we think Grant is the number one guy on the river....you couldn't have more fun with Daniel Boone himself!!! Wade & Connie Steffen, Jacksonville, Fl. P.S. They provide ponchos in case of inclement weather. Like I said...no stone unturned.

Dallas, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun ride all the way!!”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

It was a real fun with our Grant.. this was my 1st time experience and enjoyed it we went through rapids....

1 Thank Frank P
Elgin, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Watauga Kayak Rafting Trip”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Took a rafting trip with Watauga Kayak and thoroughly enjoyed it. Teresa and John in the office were very fun and helpful. Our guide Grant was the best! He made the trip down the river informative and fun and he guided us through the rapids expertly. He was also very flexible and willing to accommodate what we wanted to see and do and took some great pictures for us too. The surroundings were beautiful and it was a nice family outing for us to do.

1 Thank Sarah S
Greenville, North Carolina
“Absolutely incredible trip!”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

There were four in our party,ages 59 to 75, the oldest had been "popped out" on a previous rafting adventure in NC and two had never rafted before. The detail to safety was unsurpassed. The trip was thoroughly enjoyed by all.Grant took his time and we felt like our enjoyment was his priority. Extremely courteous and knowledgeable.

1 Thank JudyS1512
Chesterton, Indiana, United States
“Awesome, Awesome, and oh, did I mention Awesome?”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

My dad and I came down to Elizabethton for our usual trip to see family and take in the beautiful sights that Eastern Tennessee has to offer. How we didn't discover this place before is beyond me. I really don't know where to begin on writing a review for this place, because everything was just great. I guess to start off, the staff of this company were absolutely incredible. Nothing but polite and courteous the whole time we were there. Our tour guide Joseph was very considerate of our enjoyment and safety the whole trip and made it a fun experience for everyone. From someone who has never been water rafting, this was a great starter trip for me and I would love to do it again, maybe even something more challenging. My Grandmother, who doesn't like being around open water, or any water as far as I know, said she loved it and would do it again. The fact the pictures were free, and they supplied a waterproof camera was a huge plus as well. These guys just have it down to the T on how to treat out of towners like me and father or locals like my grandparents and aunt with the upmost respect and courtesy. Thank you Theresea, Joey, John and I'm sure many others for making sure you guys are the best around town for fun and adventure!