“Worth a trip for”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Coffee Company

The Coffee Company
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Elizabethton
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Restaurant, Bakery, Roastery
Tacoma, Washington, United States
“Worth a trip for”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

We live over 1000 miles away, and when we visit this part of the country, one of our first stops is the Coffee Company. Their turkey pesto sandwich is absolutely addictive, and the french dip literally makes my husband's mouth water before we enter the building. And Coffee! Roasted right there on the spot, constantly fresh in jars for the public to view, and amazing, bold and nutty flavor! Out lunch was very affordable too- around what we'd pay for McDonald's with a lot more than cranky high schoolers and deep fried fat. The decor is whimsical with a hint of antique, and the staff is friendly and accommodating. There are also products from local artisans on display for purchase, which just add to the charm of the place! Right in the heart of Downtown Elizabethton, everything about this little restaurant calls out for a lovely breakfast or lunch date. My only caveat is that they aren't open for dinner.

• Visited May 2012

Elizabethton, Tennessee, United States
“Coffee Company”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

My wife and I LOVE Coffee Company and have been going there for years. The Mocha Latte is the best I've ever had, the people are warm and friendly, the atmosphere is terrific, etc. The peanut butter pie and chocolate pie is FANTASTIC!....Hmmm. NOW I want a latte and pie - Looks like we're going to Coffee Company......

• Visited November 2012
Johnson City, Tennessee
“AMAZING!”
Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

I frequent many coffee shops and as a former chef and coffee enthusiast I am time after time impressed. I have been here several times and would say it is not only my favorite restaurant but a must for coffee lovers. I love the friendly service and dedication and love put into the food. I have only had one time when something came out wrong and without problem or hesitation it was fixed. This is a absolute must for a Elizabethton visit. The other reviews I have read for some reason do not match up with any experience I have ever had. I would highly question any review that states " I have been here one time" then says it was bad and some how knows the workers first name. Again all I can say is it is amazing and as a chef you will not be sorry on the quality or price.

1 Thank gfatmilligan
Lexington, Kentucky
“If only there were one in my city......”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I just returned from being down to visit my favorite place, east TN. I come down to visit family and friends many times throughout the year and there is always one spot we meet, The Coffee Company. Good people serving good food. You would think this concept would be replicated in other towns, and yet it is rare to find. One of the things i like most is that they chose to locate in downtown Elizabethton, the breakfast and lunch options are both excellent. I have never been disappointed in the service or the quality of the product they serve.

• Visited November 2012
Elizabethton, Tennessee
“Soggy Sandwich!”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We have only been to this restaurant one time, and do not know why people like it. I got the "Old Smokey" sandwich, think that is the name. The ciabatta bread was soggy from being steamed, and I thought it was just awful. My husband got something else, and wasn't impressed either. I have no plans to ever go back. After the fact, I heard that Lisa doesn't want the sandwiches "pressed", or grilled?? Peanut butter and jelly, at home, is a much better choice.

• Visited August 2012