“Amazing hospitality, extras and clean”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Chattanooga South/East Ridge
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in East Ridge
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Thank you, Tiffany, for making our 3-night stay extra special. Every time we went to the front desk or in the lobby, we were greeted with a smile and extras, whether we were looking for an extra blanket or extra towels, a package of hot chocolate or a bottle of water. The staff really goes out of their way to make the stay a pleasure.

The breakfast was enjoyable - we had Belgian waffles every day, and although I'm not a fan of biscuits and gravy (yes, I know I am in Tennessee), there are plenty of options for those who do not want a Southern meal. During the week, we had eggs, breakfast potatoes and, again, the waffles were available any time. Other options were freshly boiled eggs, yoghurt, cereal and various bread/muffin items. The kids really ate well so that we could save a bit later in the day by not being hungry a few hours later and splurging on dinner. The breakfast staff is really sweet, always checking to see if there is enough of everything out and to see if you need anything.

We enjoyed the indoor pool which is open until 11pm, which is nice, since some pools close earlier, but this was small and pleasant, perfect during the off-season. I imagine the pool is very cramped and crazy during the summer. The water was warm and we enjoyed sitting pool side while the youngest swam. A special request though, couples should refrain from being so PDA in a family setting. We only had to deal with this classless view for about 30 minutes one evening, but if you are that turned on, go to your room. We run into this at about 1 out of 15 hotels.

Although the area around the hotel is a bit dark and highway-stop looking at night, it is helpful that there are fast food restaurants, gas and marts nearby. The hotel is across the street (safe) from Cracker Barrel, which is one of the better restaurant franchises you can hope for near your hotel. It brings a better demography than IHOPs or Dennys.

The room was spacious, and we had plenty of space to spread out and enjoy. We had leftovers at almost every dinner and brought it back and put it in the fridge. When we were hungry later, it was easy to put it in the microwave.

The only issue we had was the coverlet on the bed - it's not really a bedspread or comforter - it's kind of like a summer blanket. I don't know if this is seasonal, but being a Gold/Diamond Hilton member, we are used to thick duvets, so this took some getting used to - fortunately, we had brought a couple of blankets from home and the front desk gave us two more. If heading this way, I would stay in this hotel for its hospitality, cleanliness, great reviews, wonderful staff (especially the night staff, like Tiffany, and a gentleman from India whose name I did not get) and amenities. I would bring a couple of blankets, though, and if you like to microwave, some plates would be good. We had to be creative, because you shouldn't microwave styrofoam.

The water pressure was great. The towels are a little thin, but they are not stingy with giving you more. Hands down, a great hotel. The location to Chattanooga and upper GA attractions is perfect without having to pay higher.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed September 5, 2012

This hotel is nice, the rooms were clean and comfortable. Water pressure was not good. Beds were good, with a good nights sleep. Next to the hotel and across the street from the hotel are a couple of "properties" that cater to lower price consumers. I'll just say I would not be comfortable walking around the hotel area by myself or with small children. Many of these people were walking up and down the street to the wash and fold next to the hotel. Saw someone with a pitbull not on a leash walking in front of the hotel. I didn't like the area of this hotel or what type of people were around this hotel so I will not be back. The breakfast was not good as they ran out of all of the hot items at 8;30 with 30 min. left til breakfast end time, and was told they did not have any thing else coming out. I did fill out a guest review and turned it into mangement, and got an email very soon after saying sorry for these things with a points credit on my account. Nice but not necessary.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
GMUT, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chattanooga South/East Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am delighted that you found your room to be clean and comforable. However, I do apologize for the water pressure and breakfast issue you experienced. It would be our pleasure serve you again soon!

Dwayne Massengale

Reviewed August 26, 2012

The East Ridge TN Fairfield Inn (1453 Mack Smith Rd, just off I-75) has become our stop-over place between Atlanta and Indianapolis. The hotel is lovely and inviting. The front desk staff is welcoming and efficient. The room is very comfortable and clean. The breakfast options are just what we like. Right across the street is a Cracker Barrel, and around the corner is a Waffle House. We've walked to both restaurants and been pleased with our meals every time.

Room Tip: Rooms on the third floor seem to be quieter - no one above us to hear walking around. Our room towa...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

My parents have stayed at this location multiple times, so we decided to give it a try. It was a very convenient location just off interstate but didn't appear to be in the nicest of areas. The front desk staff were as friendly and helpful as my parents had said. The rooms were quite spacious and the bedrooms seemed clean. The bathroom had a few cleaning issues, though--there were dried droplets of something dark and sticky on the wallpaper on either side of the sink (perhaps a soda can or bottle had exploded?), the shower curtain has some stains on it, and there was rust in the corner of the tub where it met the wall. The breakfast was pretty standard. The ladies staffing it were very nice but a little slow restocking the hot items. All in all it was a decent overnight stay and we will probably stay there next time for I preferred it to the property where we stayed last time.

• Stayed: August 2012
GMUT, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chattanooga South/East Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I apologize for the inconveniences during your stay. I am happy to hear that you will stay with us again and upon your return we hope to make it a fantastic stay instead of a decent one.

Dwayne Massengale

Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is clean and comfortable. The decor isn't top quality but it isn't dated either. The breakfast had healthful options such as boiled eggs, yogurt, fruit, oatmeal, and raisin bran. There were two wafflemakers which makes the popular breakfast item line a breeze.

Pool and fitness area nice and clean.

Walls are a bit thin and so were the towels. The toiletries were bath soap, conditioner and shampoo. Nothing else that you would expect for the price.

Lots of resturants and shopping nearby. About 10 minutes from Downtown Chattanooga. I picked this location over a downtown hotel because we didn't want to pay for parking which can be at least $25 a day at some.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Stayed one night with my family on a recent weekend fun trip to Chattanooga. I concur that the area around the hotel is not much to talk about, but makes for a reasonably priced room and the proximity to the interstate put us within 10 minutes drive of all the attractions. Most importantly, the room itself was quite comfortable and quiet. I particularly liked the firm bed and refreshing spray pattern on the shower head. The breakfast bar was well stocked and in addition to the usual items found on continental breakfasts there were a couple waffle makers which was nice. We didn't get to use it, but the availability of an indoor pool is a nice bonus for the price. I would definitely recommend this place to those interested in staying somewhere besides the downtown area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This hotel smells new and appears to be very clean. The staff is very friendly. The beds were very comfortable. The bathroom was even spotless.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
#48 of 96 in Chattanooga
Best Western Plus Arbour Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Chattanooga/Hamilton Place
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chattanooga/Hamilton Place

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Chattanooga South/East Ridge? Share your experiences!