Thank you, Tiffany, for making our 3-night stay extra special. Every time we went to the front desk or in the lobby, we were greeted with a smile and extras, whether we were looking for an extra blanket or extra towels, a package of hot chocolate or a bottle of water. The staff really goes out of their way to make the stay a pleasure.
The breakfast was enjoyable - we had Belgian waffles every day, and although I'm not a fan of biscuits and gravy (yes, I know I am in Tennessee), there are plenty of options for those who do not want a Southern meal. During the week, we had eggs, breakfast potatoes and, again, the waffles were available any time. Other options were freshly boiled eggs, yoghurt, cereal and various bread/muffin items. The kids really ate well so that we could save a bit later in the day by not being hungry a few hours later and splurging on dinner. The breakfast staff is really sweet, always checking to see if there is enough of everything out and to see if you need anything.
We enjoyed the indoor pool which is open until 11pm, which is nice, since some pools close earlier, but this was small and pleasant, perfect during the off-season. I imagine the pool is very cramped and crazy during the summer. The water was warm and we enjoyed sitting pool side while the youngest swam. A special request though, couples should refrain from being so PDA in a family setting. We only had to deal with this classless view for about 30 minutes one evening, but if you are that turned on, go to your room. We run into this at about 1 out of 15 hotels.
Although the area around the hotel is a bit dark and highway-stop looking at night, it is helpful that there are fast food restaurants, gas and marts nearby. The hotel is across the street (safe) from Cracker Barrel, which is one of the better restaurant franchises you can hope for near your hotel. It brings a better demography than IHOPs or Dennys.
The room was spacious, and we had plenty of space to spread out and enjoy. We had leftovers at almost every dinner and brought it back and put it in the fridge. When we were hungry later, it was easy to put it in the microwave.
The only issue we had was the coverlet on the bed - it's not really a bedspread or comforter - it's kind of like a summer blanket. I don't know if this is seasonal, but being a Gold/Diamond Hilton member, we are used to thick duvets, so this took some getting used to - fortunately, we had brought a couple of blankets from home and the front desk gave us two more. If heading this way, I would stay in this hotel for its hospitality, cleanliness, great reviews, wonderful staff (especially the night staff, like Tiffany, and a gentleman from India whose name I did not get) and amenities. I would bring a couple of blankets, though, and if you like to microwave, some plates would be good. We had to be creative, because you shouldn't microwave styrofoam.
The water pressure was great. The towels are a little thin, but they are not stingy with giving you more. Hands down, a great hotel. The location to Chattanooga and upper GA attractions is perfect without having to pay higher.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Style, comfort, and convenience combine at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Chattanooga South/East Ridge. Our East Ridge,TN hotel provides everything you need while on the road. The moment you step into our newly renovated hotel, you'll experience a fresh, vibrant welcome. Enjoy comfortable bedding, free Internet access, and a spacious work area in every room, as well as small appliances to prepare a quick in-room meal or snack. Start your morning with a complimentary hotel breakfast, or take advantage of onsite facilities like an indoor pool and hotel gym. Business travelers to East Ridge, TN will appreciate our full-service business center and hotel meeting room, perfect for your next business meeting. Nature enthusiasts will delight in being just minutes from the new Bass Pro Shop and Cabela's. Ideally located along I-75, our hotel offers close proximity to things to do in Chattanooga. Camp Jordan events are less than a mile down the road, and downtown Chattanooga is a short drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Chattanooga South/East Ridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Chattanooga South/East Ridge
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Chattanooga South/East Ridge Hotel East Ridge
- Fairfield East Ridge
- Fairfield Inn East Ridge
- East Ridge Fairfield Inn