“Not as advertised online”
Review of Buckets Neigborhood Pub & Grub - CLOSED

Buckets Neigborhood Pub & Grub
Cuisines: American
Phoenix, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not as advertised online”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

After reading the mixed reviews on Trip Advisor, we decided to give it a try anyways because it was close to our hotel and the menu online sounded so good. MISTAKE! The menu in the restaurant was NOTHING like the one shown online--it was limited to typical bar fare with the only fish being catfish. Still we stayed. The food was average. The service was super and friendly. One of your reviewers wrote that he likes to avoid chain restaurants like "crapplebees," normally I'd agree, but most Applebee's are definitely a step above Buckets.

• Visited September 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rude”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Just rude and unattentive. I've not been to a place, until now, where the staff gives so many dirty looks. Employees ignore customers and eat at the tables, even if they haven't waited on customers.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank dillydall
“Very good hand pattied hamburger”
Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Good food and good service I sat at the bar and the bartender was great. I don't know his name but he was a black gentleman.

• Visited June 2013
Indiana, United States
“Skip it!”
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

I got into town around 8:15pm on a Sunday night, I saw the sign for the national chain that is the standby for a late night arrival but I always try to avoid chains. I then saw the sign for the sports pub and it was open for another 45 min. Man I should have gone to "crapplebees"! My club sandwich consisted of prepackaged lunch meat with some cheese and two pieces of bacon served toasted, open faced on a cheap grocery store hoagie. The service was acceptable, but the bar area had the stale smell of towels left damp on the counter too long. Maybe the pizza is better but I'll never eat there again.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank BubbleheadTom
Springfield, Illinois
“Known for pizza, but great burgers”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Big burgers with great flavors. Sweet potato fries. Fast service. My husband eats lunch here at least once a week and they treat him great. BarBQue is good also.

Visited October 2012