“Overpriced and Nothing Special” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 57 Restaurants in Dyersburg
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Perdido Key, Florida
“Overpriced and Nothing Special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

My wife and I visited Abe's on Saturday evening, 1/26/13. Our $8 "onion straws" appetizer was oily; the ranch dip was nothing special. My wife said her prime rib was "good," but "bland." The prime cut was large, but it didn't make up for the "average" taste of the beef. My medium-well 8 oz. filet mignon was butterflied and, possibly as a result, was dry and overcooked. I've had better filets several times. The bread was good- yes it was the most surprising part of the meal! Oh, it was interesting to learn that a house salad is an extra charge as are many "extras" to one's meal. I paid more than $27 for a filet and baked potato with just butter- no "extras." Our drinks were water and iced tea. Our tab for two was $68; the total including tip was $75. Driving home, we both agreed Abe's was overpriced, not exceptional, and not worth a second trip since we live about 1 1/2 hours away near Jackson, TN. They open at 5 PM on Saturdays.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Michael R

USA
“Food is good, but it's too pricy.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have eaten at Abe's several times while passing through town. The steaks, salad and bread are good, but the prices are too high. As stated in other reviews, the prices do not deter the masses from stopping in for dinner. The restaurant is popular, and the service was very good each time I was there.

It is a good restaurant for a special treat, but I would not want to eat there often because of the prices.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MeGusta H
Tennessee
“Special steak night is always at Abe's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

There are times you want a perfect steak and you are too lazy to cook it yourself. You skip the $9.99 cheezy specials at grazing stations and you go straight to Abe's. Yes, this will be a premium price steak, but remember, thats what you were after! You can pay this price at many restaurants and leave hungry and unsatisfied or go to Abe's and get the steak you really want! It's that good!

2 Thank Liberty1070
Jackson, Michigan
“Great service, small portions, expensive menu.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

This place was reccomended to us by the desk clerk at our hotel. We were skeptical because they were no reviews on Tripadvisor as we always consult there list first before we choose. We went against our gut and paid the price. Food quality was very good but portions were very small, unlike their menu prices. Service was above average. Place was busy which leads me to believe this town is hurting for quality restaurants. As much as I hate fast food this was one time I wish I had vistited one instead of Abe's.

• Visited November 2012