“More then i expected”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Dyersburg
Chicago, Illinois
“More then i expected”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I was very pleased with my 3 night stay here. I was expeting a subpar stay but it was far from that. Rooms were for the most part clean expect the corners on the rooms which need to be vacumed alot better. i felt very safe at leaving my laptop out and the open in this hotel while leaving for work. Staff was very friendly. My smoke alarm kept going off and the front desk lady came very quickly and solved the problem. Rooms are bigger then expected also. I also did try the indoor pool which was very nice and had extra towels out and ready. The Wifi worked great and thats a big thing to me. Nothing i can say really bad about this place other then clean the corners of the rooms and the stairways.

Room Tip: Good stay at good price!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Made a reservation for a suite at this location however was given a room instead. We were tired after traveling all day and only spending one night so we accepted. The price charged was at the room rate and not the suite rate. Room was clean. Mattress was too soft for us. Bath was clean. Small, thin towels with usual amenities. Breakfast was the usual continental however on this date the biscuits were hard and the gravy so thick it would not spread on the biscuits. There were very few items displayed for the breakfast and when the employee brought out an item it was usually just two. Like two Danish. In fact there was only 6 newspapers for the breakfast. After they were gone we noticed she brought out 6 more newspapers. It was like that way the whole time we were at breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We stayed here overnight with 4 dogs in tow. I was grateful to find this hotel at the end of a quiet street with fields on all sides. Perfect for walking the dogs. I also loved being able to park right outside our room so we could keep an eye on our dogs. Our room was good and the bed very comfortable. I only have a few negatives. 1st, no gym. The lady at the desk offered a key to anytime fitness down the road. 2nd, I could hear everything in the room above us (talking, people walking, and doors shutting). 3rd, there was an empty toilet paper roll on the holder and a bottle of hotel shampoo in the shower. Now, the bathroom looked very clean, but I was a bit taken back by this. 4th, it looks like they have expanded the breakfast area and there was a strip about 4" wide going down the center of the room of missing tile. I was worried someone would trip. But I assume this is only temporary. Overall, we were pleased and would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013
El Dorado, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I am going to be going towards Dyersburg once a month and this WILL BE where I stay! The staff was friendly, rooms were clean and comfy! I have had too many hotel horror stories but this time I don't have not one complaint, other than they were out of shower caps LOL. My check-in was speedy and the desk clerks were very friendly and the hotel is in a GREAT location. If you're ever in Dyersburg this is the hotel to stay at! Loved, loved, loved my stay!

Room Tip: My gps actually took me to the Quality Inn/Econo Lodge but do not fear the Sleep Inn is directly aro...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Mayfield, Kentucky
Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here many times over the last 18 months or so because of its geographic location. It's just a good place to stop at the time of day I come through. I've told them several times about the bad WiFi and the answer I always get is, "yes we get tons of complaints about our WiFi" and have been told a few times that someone is coming to fix it next week. But that has never happened. I'm tire of going down to the McDonalds at 9:00pm to use their WiFi. I think I'm done here. If you don't need the WiFi, it's a good place to stay. Rooms are great, TV is big and room is clean. Breakfast is a little skinny for a sleep inn so I just go back to the McDonalds if I'm very hungry. The same person also owns the Holiday Inn Express next door. Another great feature is a Cracker Barrel just opened up a couple weeks ago on the other side of the interstate. There isn't a lot of good Resturant choices in this area.

• Stayed March 2013
Paducah, KY
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I had to be in Dyersburg for my child's martial arts training and testing a couple weeks ago. The last time I stayed in D'burg I highly recommended another hotel but this time the kids were staying at the Sleep Inn to be near the pool (which they never had time to get to.) The price was right, but I do typically avoid discount hotels near interstate exits. The most pleasant surprise here was how clean this place was! The staff scrubs this place to death! The rooms were a reasonable size, though I never did get to the breakfast; I assume it was typical traveler stuff--yogurt, rolls, etc. It was quiet, clean and inexpensive--a perfect triple play for the trip I was on.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel several times. I always get a nice room, well furnished and comfortable. The service is good also. Can't say enough good things, with one exception: their WiFi never works. I have had trouble every time I have stayed there. It's important for business travelers to be able to communicate via email...hello? Get it fixed already. This is too good a hotel to get dropped from my rotation because of this glitch. I dropped my rating because of this problem.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dyersburg
Hampton Inn Dyersburg
#3 of 3 in Ripley
Days Inn Dyersburg
Days Inn Dyersburg
#2 of 6 in Dyersburg

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Dyersburg? Share your experiences!