“Very Pleasant Staff”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Dyersburg
Memphis, United States
“Very Pleasant Staff”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

This hotel is very clean, staff very friendly and nice. Yes, will continue to stay as long as we have business in this city. Excellent rooms, good value for the price. I am so pleased that now they will be adding a elevator. This was the only thing missing otherwise. Excellent facility and location. Great, nice and friendly staff

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hampton43, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dyersburg, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Hi Cathy C.,
Thank you for taking time to write such a nice review. We too are excited about our upcoming changes and look forward to seeing the results. Hope to see you soon. Travel Safe!
Tina M. Christian

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Plymouth, United States
Reviewed September 16, 2013

When I compared the price of the room to others in the area, I found that the quality and cleanliness of the rooms were worth the extra few dollars. The breakfast was a typical 'make your waffles, and limited selection, but it was good tasting. The front desk person was quite often away, and you had to yell to get their attention. But they typically didn't take long to come to the desk.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Larry C
Hampton43, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dyersburg, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Larry C.,
Thank you for the review you sent to Trip Advisor. We strive for cleanliness and service excellence during your visit. I do apologize for the desk being away during those times you approached the desk. Most of our staff wears many hats and sometimes we may need to pay alittle closer attention, thank you for sharing those concerns. Please come again when you are in the area.
Tina
Almont, Michigan
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I arrived in Dyersburg for work, My room was reserved through my company, Its been 4 weeks now and Im very grateful for everybody involved in the day to day operations of the hotel, they have made my stay in Tennessee very pleasant, at a time of being away from family and friends, they always take time to talk and I feel like I'm more than a room number.

3 Thank 167debrak
Hi Debra,
Thanks for the wonderful comments you have on your review. We say once you stay a few times your family, so count yourself in! I appreciate knowing about the treatment you received during your stay and hope you will always choose to stay with us. Take care!
Greensboro, United States
Reviewed September 15, 2013

It was very clean, but you have to wag your stuff up the stairwell to get to the second floor which may require more than one trip each way. If you like a country breaskfast, their biscuits and gravy are very good.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

2 Thank Bob G
Dear Beverly G,
Thank you for filling out our survey. The elevator will be installed hopefully in the next month or so. We are excited that we will be renovating the hotel throughout in the next few months. Please come back and see us when you can. Safe travels.
Tina
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Not up to usual Hampton standards. Decor is very dated and worn. Housekeeper knocked on door at 8:30am and woke us up. Front Desk refused to give us receipt saying that I had to get it from company I booked with because they are who I payed (not true). I called the company and they said that the hotel should give me receipt. Plainly shows on credit card statement the charges came from hotel. I think they lied to me so I couldn't see the breakdown of how much the hotel received and how much the website received. Now I can't get receipt for my expenses. Staff not very professional about it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Kevin A
Hampton43, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dyersburg, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Kevin,
Thank you taking the time to write a response. I do apologize that the problem happened with your receipt. We are told that the receipt comes from the thrid party booking agent due to the difference in breakdown. I will pull your invoice and email it to you but it will probably not be the amount you actually paid. We are in the process of doing renovations, as you probably were aware with the lobby and breakfast area completed.
Thank you again for choosing Hampton.
Memphis, United States
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I have the front staff to be very friendly and very helpful. The maintenance man even carried my luggage to my room. This hotel is surrounded by various restaurants and Walmart across the drive. It is also helpful that the mall is in the same parking lot.

4 Thank Zola B
Hampton43, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dyersburg, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Hi Zola B.
Thank you very much for the nice compliments you provided for other readers on Trip Advisor. We hope that you can visit again soon when you are in the area. We appreciate you choosing us as your lodging choice.
Safe Travels,
Tina M. Christian
Calhoun, United States
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I am a fan of the Hilton brand but this is not their best. There was no fitness center, although the amenities listed one. The internet was very slow and spotty. The cable boxes were all hooked up by coaxial cable and so the quality was very poor. Not horrible for one night but for an extended stay look elsewhere.

2 Thank Travis R
Hampton43, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dyersburg, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Travis R.
I appreciate your posting on Trip Advisor. I do apologize for the cable not being the set up you desire. Our cable is provided by a local company and is set up by the company. If you would have called down for service we would have gladly contacted them to see if we could have accommodated you during your visit. The fitness center is currently offsite, but is a 24 hour state of the arts facility, located a mile away. We are currently anticipating having a gym and elevator within the next 3 to 6 months. It is our hope to strive to make our guests stays enjoyable and their experience a positive on.
I am disappointed tht you will choose to stay elsewhere on your next trip, but hope that in the future you will us another opportunity to provide your lodging.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dyersburg
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dyersburg
#1 of 3 in Ripley
Days Inn Dyersburg
Days Inn Dyersburg
#2 of 6 in Dyersburg

Been to Hampton Inn Dyersburg? Share your experiences!