“No Elevator”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Dyersburg
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
“No Elevator”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

There were several problems here. First off, it was clean and staff was friendly, but there is no ELEVATOR. It was only 2 floors but having to lug up 2 pieces of luggage is a pain and the only way to get downstairs was this isolated stairwell, which I'm not okay with, safety wise. You have to go out of the front door through another door to use the stairs. My room was on the 2nd floor, right beside the stairs, so guess what I heard all night long...the slamming of the stairwell doors. I got very little sleep the first night. I didn't complain or asked to be moved because I thought I would be tired enough by the 2nd night, that I wouldn't hear the doors, wrong!

Room Tip: First floor away from the stairwell!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Hampton43, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dyersburg, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear RNHH,
Thank you for your recent review. I do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the stairs and door closing. We are hopeful that in the near future we will have the elevator issue resolved, but no date as of now. We can make a request on your reservation if you call us directly for future reservation reference. I do hope you will give as another try. Please feel free to ask for me personally.
Regards,
Tina M. Christian

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Hermitage
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I have stayed at this Hampton several times. It is always a good experience. It is an older Hampton. The big downside is there is no elevator in the hotel so you have to haul your luggage up the stairs if you aren't on the first floor. The staff are always very friendly and helpful. They have a pretty good breakfast. Internet service is sometimes spotty but overall it is a nice place to stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Hampton43, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dyersburg, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear bsan3456,
Thank you for taking the time to send in a review for our hotel. We really appreciate our guest and strive to provide the service that will keep you returning. Please visit us again and safe travels.
arkansas
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We spent a weekend at this hotel. It was very nice. Clean, fresh, friendly service,quite. The breakfast was good and the staff was eager to assist. The pool was nice and clean. All amenities were available. The only negative I have is there is no elevator. We had requested upper floor and did just fine but it could have been an issue for elderly.
Overall, I highly recommend this hotel. The staff were great before and during our stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear nanaarkansas,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review for our hotel. We appreciate our guest and strive to provide the best in service. We hope you can visit again in the future.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Spent one night here with spouse while passing through from Indianapolis to Memphis. Check-in was handled very efficiently by Barry and we were given a room on the ground floor. Diamond amenities already in room. Room was king bed with sofa sleeper. Lots of room, lots of light for reading. typical "modernized" Hampton linens, etc. Very comfortable. Lots of cable channels on the TV.

Computer and printer in lobby, free to use. Great except the Adobe Acrobat reader and Excel aren't working correctly and it kept crashing on us or couldn't open. Barry was unable to fix it. Also, housekeeping keeps their linen carts in the hall outside the laundry room off the lobby and guests have to walk past them on their way to the rooms. These are the only two faults with the property. As an older property, it doesn't have an elevator. But, now you know that so if it's truly necessary you have one, ask for a room on the first floor. There are ADA accessible rooms on the first floor, also. The hotel is just of the Dyersburg Mall's parking lot and very quiet.

Outdoor pool, very refreshing after a day on the road.

GM Tina was very helpful in providing a great room to a Diamond member.

Breakfast was Hampton usual with local additions including biscuits, omlets, breakfast potatoes. Lots of coffee, juices, fruit, yogurt, Danishes, etc. Breakfast staff very friendly and helpful. Loads of hospitality!

We would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you can't (or won't) do stairs, get a room on the first floor as there's no elevator.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Hampton43, Manager at Hampton Inn Dyersburg, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear Saranger,
Thank you so much for your Trip Advisor comments. It is such a pleasure to be able to provide our guest with a clean and friendly atmosphere and hotel. We do hope you will return again when the opportunity presents itself.
Again, thank you for taking time to fill out the review.
Southeast Georgia
Reviewed June 25, 2012

My sister in law and I stayed over a 3 day stay for a wedding. Everyone we encountered was friendly, courteous, helpful and welcoming. When we could not find 8" candles they offered a sharp knife and cutting board to assist us in cutting 2" off the 10" ones we found. Thanks for all you help this weekend. Would definitely would stay again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Hampton43, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dyersburg, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Dear Tillandsia,
Thank you for the wonderful comments. We are so happy that your wedding weekend went off without any issues. Please visit with us again in the future.
Tian M. Christian
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I have been occassionally working in Dyersburg and have stayed at this hotel twice. I expect to stay a third time this coming week. It is clean, quiet and the room is comfortable. The staff is pleasant. The bed was excellent. I generally arrive in the evening, and the night manager (same guy twice) is very nice and helpful. I stay in many hotels. This is not a luxury hotel. It is not a five star hotel in NY, LA or even New Orleans. However, it really meets my needs and I am happy to give it a thumbs up.

Room Tip: Best to ask for a first floor room.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the nice compliments about your recent visits to our hotel. We do look forward to having guest return and the opportunity to provide good service and comfortable lodging.
Visit us again when you have a chance.
DeKalb County
Reviewed June 13, 2012

My husband is a Hilton diamond member, and he tends to get various perks as a result, depending on the hotel. We just stayed at a beautiful Hampton in Tupelo, which made our visit to the Dyersberg version rather unappealing at best. Not only were we put in a sad, little room on the second floor, but we discovered, after hauling in heavy luggage, that no elevator existed. My arthritic knees didn't allow me to tote the heaviest of my bags,which wasn't such a big deal, but between that and the limited parking, we will avoid the place in the future.

Oh, I should mention that we did get a freebag of Cheezits.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, get a room on the first floor
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank foodophile
Hampton43, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dyersburg, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review. I do apologize for the inconvenience of no elevator and understand the frustration involved when there are health issues. Your review did not say if you specify health issues or floor perference on your profile or reservation. We do look at those comments and try to fill those request first. Our staff strives to keep all guest happy during their visit and we don't ever like disappointing a guest. We are hopeful of having an elevator installed in the coming year.
Again, thank you for your review.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dyersburg
Sleep Inn & Suites Dyersburg
#2 of 3 in Ripley
Days Inn Dyersburg
Days Inn Dyersburg
#2 of 6 in Dyersburg

Been to Hampton Inn Dyersburg? Share your experiences!