“Amazing Trip”
Review of Ocoee Rafting

Ocoee Rafting
Ranked #3 of 7 things to do in Ducktown
More attraction details
Owner description: Ocoee Rafting is the oldest outfitter and the prefered company on the Ocoee River, providing guided whitewater rafting adventures for 35 years. Since 1976 Ocoee Rafting has welcomed you to miles of challenging and exciting Class III and IV rapids on one of the country’s premier rivers. Located in Eastern Tennessee within 2 to 3 hours of many major cities. Experience the adventure of whitewater rafting with Ocoee Rafting!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We took the full river trip on June 15th. We were given the perfect guide for our group: Josh! My friend made the mistake of telling him we wanted a crazy ride. His response was "be careful what you wish for." I don't remember how many times he flipped the boat, threw us out of the boat. It was so much fun. After the third dunk in the water, my friend told me if we hadn't been assigned to Josh, we would have been so jealous at all the fun someone else was having. We all agreed when we go back we will be requesting Josh. The place was very nice, very clean. Everyone seemed happy and were very friendly. I highly recommend it!

Stefanie Cook

ocoeerafting, Manager at Ocoee Rafting, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2017

We are glad you enjoyed all the wonderful things we have to offer. We appreciate you choosing Ocoee Rafting and would love to have you back.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Husband and I (in our fifties) had a wonderful time rafting the mid section for the first time. I was terrified but felt safe with our guide (Steve Martin....aka Yak) and would do it again (with the same guide). Make sure that you get directions and don't go to the wrong place...20 different companies and some with similar names.

1  Thank OrlandoTennisbum

Yak is one of the best, we are proud to have him as a valuable team member. We thank you for choosing Ocoee Rafting and greatly appreciate you taking the time to write this review.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

I went rafting twice with Ocoee rafting both experience were absolutely amazing , the first time we did the middle river , and the second time we did the upper river. Our guide the last time had a weird nickname that I can't remember now , but he was such a cool guy did a bunch of fun but safe tricks, took pictures for us. I felt completely safe the whole trip , the Olympic area was a bit creepy since 1 out of 8 boats flip, the boat in front of us flipped but everyone on the sidelines and all the boats in the area act immediately to fetch the passengers out of the river. As long as you listen to what they tell you to do you'll be ok . I would recommend doing the full river if possible just because both areas are so different, the middle river has more action even though it's level 3 I think, but the upper river has more down time , the highlight is the Olympic rapids and I love the lazy river part. I def recommend booking with ocooe rafting!!

Happy to hear you enjoyed your Full River Trip. Just a reminder if you would like to book for the 2017 Season he can be requested at the time of booking. Thank You for choosing Ocoee Rafting, we greatly appreciate your review.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

This was our first rafting experience, we had a blast. The tour was booked by our friends who have already been rafting with Ocoee Rafting. The guides are very friendly and you feel safe with them. We were rafting with Ryan - very knowledgeable and experienced, we had so much fun! We went for a full river trip, it was about 4 hours with a stop for snacks in the middle. The river can be challenging in some sections, calm in the other. There are two places where you can jump in the front of boat and ride a bull, so cool. After the trip you come back to the facility with exquisite bathrooms and hot showers. Overall superb adventure

So happy you had a blast with Ryan. Thank You for choosing Ocoee Rafting, we greatly appreciate you taking the time to write this review.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

We decided to take our trip in October. I would guess that temperatures were in the high 50s. It ended up being a VERY cold trip, but it was a blast! Our guide, Lee, was EXCELLENT. Very knowledgable. He said he had been a guide on about 19 rivers and that the Ocoee was one of his favorites. His enthusiasm made us have even that much more fun. We did the middle section, which the guide said he would recommend if you only had time to do one section. We are hoping to come back in the summer and do the full. We had such a great time.

Also, it was WONDERFUL that the facilities where you check in and return were so nice. I was expecting a smelly bathroom, but this place was nice and beautiful.

ocoeerafting, Owner at Ocoee Rafting, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2017

Awesome news, we love that you enjoyed your trip. Thank You for choosing Ocoee Rafting, we greatly appreciate your review. We would love to have you back for the 2017 Rafting Season.