“Crazy Trip, Loved It!”

Wildwater Rafting - Ocoee
Ranked #2 of 7 things to do in Ducktown
More attraction details
Owner description: Family owned and operated since 1971, closest to both the Upper and Middle Ocoee launch sites=short shuttle times and more trip times to choose from. Restaurant on site, hot showers, clean changing rooms, wet suits available for rent. All equipment included:paddling jackets, PFD, paddle, helmet. Individual to group rates, seasonal discounts.
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I went rafting on the Ocoee with my 12 year old daughter, my sister and her other half.

First off, Wildwater is an excellent company, with great guides, are safe and have lots of experience. My sister and her husband had a package deal with zip lining and meals included for a great rate. Always check for local deals.

The Ocoee river course was MUCH bigger and stronger than the Nantahala that we went on last year. Our guide Ashlee, told us that the water was running very high and very fast. She was not wrong!!

With a combination of class III and class IV rapids, the river is a challenge, but was sooooo much fun, quite exhilerating. Ashlee guided very professionally and we all felt safe. (Another company's raft had flipped right at the first rapids in front of our eyes, which was scary).

My daughter had a blast and wants to go again next year. Ashlee let us jump into the river for a short swim and glide down the river, which was also fun. She was certainly strong in getting me back on board!!!!

Overall, this river trip is not for the faint hearted, but is so much fun. Highly recommend it.

All reviews
"great fun"
in 22 reviews
"the entire trip"
in 10 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
in 9 reviews
"awesome experience"
"combo trip"
in 10 reviews
"an excellent guide"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I won't reiterate all that is said below - but from check-in to check-out, everything was great. Staff was friendly. They were enthusiastic about what they were doing, and that it made it more fun for us. We did the combo trip and we would not change that. Andy was our guide and he was great. Very knowledgable and we learned a lot about the local history and terrain as we floated.

I was impressed by the facilities. Looked remodeled. Big, clean bathrooms with showers and changing areas. Good souvenir t-shirts to choose from! :)

We got some great pictures.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Will never use anyone else again. Ashlee was by far the best guide I've ever had on the Ocoee, and the organization and professionalism of the entire staff was amazing. From safety briefing to river experience to the on-site restaurant's excellent beer selection after the trip, hands-down the best in every way!

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Great day! Our guide Jenna was so fun and it was an endurance adrenaline filled day! Great team. Ryan was so nice actually the whole group there from kitchen staff, photo,check in,bus drivers to the guides were friendly and professional. We know the guide personally but as our first trip there and after rafting with several companies I can honestly say I will recommend this company in the future.