“A great first white water rafting experience”

Wildwater Rafting - Ocoee
Ranked #2 of 7 things to do in Ducktown
More attraction details
Owner description: Family owned and operated since 1971, closest to both the Upper and Middle Ocoee launch sites=short shuttle times and more trip times to choose from. Restaurant on site, hot showers, clean changing rooms, wet suits available for rent. All equipment included:paddling jackets, PFD, paddle, helmet. Individual to group rates, seasonal discounts.
Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

This was our first time white water rafting and the level of "danger," if you will, was appropriate for a beginner. The route itself was suspenseful with many beautiful sights and Justin, our guide, was wonderful at explaining landmarks and leading the group. Even though we traveled at an intermediate level it was all very exciting! They also offered some wonderful professional photos taken during the excursion. Definitely recommended!

All reviews
"great fun"
in 22 reviews
"the entire trip"
in 10 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
in 9 reviews
"awesome experience"
"combo trip"
in 10 reviews
"an excellent guide"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed August 22, 2012

My friends and I went white water rafting for the first time and we chose to go down the Upper Ocoee through Wildwater. It was a lot of fun and the staff was great! We can't wait to come back and do longer trips. We will also try to use Wildwater when going down other rivers in the South East.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

My wife, two sons, 6 & 9, and myself went down the Pigeon River with Wildwater Ltd Rafting Company. Our guide Chris took us through rapids forwards, backwards, sideways and even surfed some. About the only thing we did not do was have a bad time.
This was the first rafting trip for the boys and thanks to Chris it was the highlight of the trip and they have not been able to stop talking about it.
Go see the guys at Wildwater Rafting and ask for Chris, you will not regret it, we certainly didn't.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

My family and I took a roadtrip to Georgia to visit my brother. We thought it would be fun to zipline and white water raft. We drove to Ducktown TN - hopefully you have a GPS. Although the GPS doesn't give you a specific address so we took a wrong turn. But, I can say that it is out in the open with big signs at the edge of the road.
The parking is a little awkward. I think it would've been better if they had a bigger parking lot - the parking lot is narrow.
When we got there, the staff was very friendly. They assisted us with any thing that we needed. Our rafting appointment was at 9am. There was a bunch of small groups with the same time, so we all had our orientation together. They showed us the raft, talked about safety and gear. Very informative.
Our guide's name was Murphy. He was very nice. He took our group to our gear where we had to put on a helmet, life jacket and a water jacket (optional)
They told all of us to get on the bus to drive about 10 miles down the road where the river was. When we got there, we put our raft in the water and we were off.
Let me tell you, the experience was AWESOME!! Even with the small rapids, Murphy made something out of nothing. It was really cool. They even had photographers at the edge of the river taking pictures, which you could view after the adventure.
I would say from beginning to finish, this adventure took about 2 hours.
From the orientation to the ride to the river, I would say that took an hour, and you are on the river for about an hour. I think it was definetly worth it. If you've never whitewater rafted and you're a little scared, I would try Wildwater rafting. It's not so crazy for first timers. It surely was exciting though!