“The most fun filled family experience”
Review of Raft One

Raft One
Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Ducktown
More attraction details
Owner description: Located on the Ocoee River, Raft One is your best choice for Ocoee River whitewater rafting and mountain adventures. On the Ocoee River Rafting outpost you will find lodging for 60, a clean bath house, over 10 campsites, mountain bike rental, Ocoee zipline canopy tour, the best rafting trips in Eastern US, and the friendliest and most experienced staff there is in the river rafting world. Groups are welcome and catering is available. Check out our annual awards for the area.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed June 1, 2009

This place was awesome. The staff and owners treated us like family. The trip was by far the best of all the companies in the area. They took the time to stop at points along the river to allow us to try out great exciting stunts. we watched as the other outfits just rode down the river not getting the full experience. Once the trip was over they continued to serve by giving us tips on things to do in the area that only locals would know about. I look forward to coming back in the future. It should be noted that the price was also reasonable and cheaper than most of the other outfitters on the river.

1  Thank run292
Write a ReviewReviews (1,489)

Reviewed May 13, 2009

Raftone is an excellent company that offers a variety of outdoor services. They are a newer company that is all about making sure their consumers have a great time. For $30 a person, my 3 friends and myself spent 4 hours going down the Ocoee. Very awesome! At one point we even got out of the raft and took a mini hike through the woods to a tiny waterfalI. Very BEAUTIFUL! Bruce and Brent are not only very knowledgeable about the river but also about the beautiful wilderness that surrounds it. Raftone not only provides white water rafting but also mountain biking and fishing tours. I am definitely going back as soon as possible to do a full river raft, and I CAN NOT WAIT!!! I highly recommend them to you and just about everyone else I come in contact with.
--Amber

Reviewed May 6, 2009

I met up with a big group of friends last summer at Raft 1 for a trip down the Ocoee River. We had a blast camping and playing volleyball at their site, but the river was the obvious attraction. Brent & Dusty are pros but they make the trip a lot of fun. Don't pass up riding the bull on "Hell Hole"!

1  Thank ghostfacewhatwhat
Reviewed May 3, 2009

I have been several times down the Ocoee with various outfits and can honestly say that Raft One will get all of my future business. The owners, Brent and Dusty, were great guides and seemed to go out of their way to make sure we had a great trip. Their trips were also slightly longer than the other outfitters; I didn’t feel as though we were being herded down the river in order for the company to maximize the amount of trips they could take in a day. I also recently went fly-fishing with Raft One and had a great time, despite the fish not biting as much as I had hoped. The outfit is also very dog friendly and in fact allowed my wife and me to take our dog with us on our fishing expedition; they even had a doggy life-jacket for us to use. I have recommended their service to all of my colleagues and have heard nothing but great feedback upon their return. I plan to visit their outpost again this summer and try their lazy-river tube trip in the afternoon after a great day of rafting.

Reviewed April 28, 2009

This was my third time rafting the Ocoee and it was the best! Our guide Dusty knew everything about the river and had lots of interesting facts about the wildlife. He really knows what he is doing and it shows! He told us all about the area and all the other activities we could do, like bear watching! The water was cool but the warm 83degree weather made it perfect! As he navigated us through the rapids we got soaked and even more excited for the next. We even got to do raft sliding.......turning the raft upside down on a huge rock and sliding into the clear blissful water!! Right from the start when we arrived we felt welcome and important....not just another group to drag down the river, as was my experience with other rafting outfits. I will always book here for all my mountain adventures from now on. Thanks!

3  Thank cgbeka