“Amazing time!!!!”
Review of Raft One

Raft One
Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Ducktown
More attraction details
Owner description: Located on the Ocoee River, Raft One is your best choice for Ocoee River whitewater rafting and mountain adventures. On the Ocoee River Rafting outpost you will find lodging for 60, a clean bath house, over 10 campsites, mountain bike rental, Ocoee zipline canopy tour, the best rafting trips in Eastern US, and the friendliest and most experienced staff there is in the river rafting world. Groups are welcome and catering is available. Check out our annual awards for the area.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I had the best time of my life, I seriously can not wait to come back!!!!!! Be prepared to have fun, laugh, pee your pants (figuratively and literally) and get soaking wet!!!! If you pick anyone to take you down the Ocoee, Raft One is the place to go with. Love these guys! :)

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Having previously rafted Middle Ocoee with a different operator who shall remain nameless as well as running other rivers in the US, the experience with Raft One is at the top. For us, the quality of a whitewater experience hinges on: the river, the rafting company, and the guide (a more minor fourth part is the other customers who end up being put into your raft but, except in extreme cases, a good guide can compensate for a fellow rafter who can't or won't contribute to the teamwork). If you get Will as your guide, do the middle Ocoee and do that with Raft One, you should have what you need for a great whitewater experience--we sure did.

Tip: Not all guides are equal so don't be bashful about asking for a particular guide . . . after you sign in at the office, tell them that, if Will is available that day/time, you'd like to be in his raft.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

We went rafting on the middle with Kailyn and she was the best! Even when we only had 2 people in the boat and couldn't find Alice, Kailyn held it all together. I loved how much of a team Raft One was. They made our trip down the Ocoee the best!

Reviewed August 28, 2013

We've rafted the middle Ocoee 5 times and our trip today with Will of Raft One was the best yet! He's personable and more importantly he's KNOWLEDGEABLE. We felt very safe under his guidance. Thank you for a memorable day! Raft One won all our future business today.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

A bunch of my friends and I (group of 8 people) recently went to Raft One to raft down the middle part of the Ocoee. We got there about an hour before our scheduled time. The facility was nice and the staff was very friendly.

We had such an incredible time! The river had some 3 and 4 level rapids on it that were challenging but not to the point of being terrifying. There was a safety brief before we went down to the river, and even though a few of the people in our group had never rafted before, no one felt unsafe or uninformed. We wore helmets and lifejackets. Our raft carried four of us (but could have fit 2 more) and we had Bruce as a Raft Guide. He was incredible! He knew so much about the area-- the wildlife and history-- which made it fun and informative. He clearly knew what he was doing and was excellent at steering the raft and directing us when to paddle and what to do. He was very considerate and had our raft help out a kayaker who had lost her paddle after going down one of the harder parts of the river. Our guides also stopped in at a little waterfall nearby and let us swim and go under it. It was such a beautiful view down the river, and we couldn't have asked for a better day.

I can't wait to go up there again and use Raft One! I want to bring my parents and I have no doubt that they will love it just as much as we did! Make sure you get the front of the raft if you want an extra thrill! So much fun and I could not recommend it more!

Been to Raft One? Share your experiences!