“Best time ever!”
Review of Raft One

Raft One
Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Ducktown
More attraction details
Owner description: Located on the Ocoee River, Raft One is your best choice for Ocoee River whitewater rafting and mountain adventures. On the Ocoee River Rafting outpost you will find lodging for 60, a clean bath house, over 10 campsites, mountain bike rental, Ocoee zipline canopy tour, the best rafting trips in Eastern US, and the friendliest and most experienced staff there is in the river rafting world. Groups are welcome and catering is available. Check out our annual awards for the area.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
“Best time ever!”
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

came down with our friends and had the best time ever crossing off one of our bucket list items! We rafted & zip lined and it was amazing. The guides are great! Super fun & very knowledgable. Would highly recommend it!

Visited July 2012

Selsey England
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“For a day filled with thrills - and spills look no further !”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Our family of 4 ( 2 adults , 2 teenage boys ) had two fun filled days of adventure with Raft One . This excellent outfit offers superior quality rafting on the thrilling upper and middle Ocoee. We did both - the full day trip . The guides are terrific - experienced enough to make you feel you are in safe hands, yet clearly out for fun and getting the most out of every minute on the water ! Our terrific guide Bruce showed my daredevil son places he could jump out and had a few of his own stunts up his sleeve . Unlike Raft One , You could tell the other rafting outfitters were getting folks down the river as fast as possible - and honestly some of their rafts looked overfull , pretty old and dodgy. Spend the money and do it right with Raft One - the memories will be worth every dollar. They have a really good photographer who will capture some of the highlights and you can get the whole lot on disc and some very cool Tshirts in their store after . We also had some excellent mountain biking ( they rent out well maintained trek bikes and are surrounded by some good trails with enough challenge to keep things pretty interesting!) and did I even mention the zipps?! Whoaa!!
What are you waiting for ?

Branson, Missouri
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great memories! Would rate it higher if i could!”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

AWESOME! That sums up the trip we took with Raft 1 a few days ago. From the moment we rolled into town, til we pulled out of the drive heading home. We arrived in Ducktown the evening before we were going to try and raft. The river was rolling and dingy so we were quite concerned. I wanted to be sure we knew where we were going, so I drove to Raft 1. They were closed, but as I was starting to walk off, Brent, one of the owners, hollered and came out to talk to me. He told me that yes, the water was very high, but if we wanted to go in the morning he would see to it that either himself or Bruce, a guide who has grown up in the area, would take us down the river. They both went out of their way to answer any questions and ease my fears of the extra high water. The next morning we arrived at 930 for our 10 a.m. trip, the group that was ton leave at 9 had not made it yet. They called and were about 20 minutes away. Brent was very accommodating. He told them they would wait, not to worry. That REALLY impressed me. I have dealt with many outfitters and most would tell someone who showed up even 5 minutes late....' Sorry, thanks for your money'. Everyone that worked there was extremely helpful. I wouldn't think of using another company. Our guide was Bruce, he was amazing! Not to mention a bit crazy, a PERFECT fit for my family! He gave us such a fun and amazing trip down the river, taking us right to the edge and back, which is exactly what we love! You can bet that Raft 1 and the Ocoee will be at the TOP of our itinerary for years to come! If you want the most awesome and safety conscious whitewater experience ever. You will not be the least bit disappointed in RAFT 1! Their outpost is topnotch as well. Clean showers and restrooms. Very nice all around.

North Augusta, South Carolina
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Awesome Experience As Promised”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Raft One did an excellent job (check-in, prep, guide, local information and check out experience) with our Ocoee middle section rafting trip. There were 6 of us in the raft with me, (2) 14 year olds, the guide Prom and a young married couple. Everyone had a blast. It was much more challenging than the Nantahala we did last year. We did get to swim and check out a waterfall during the trip. No pressure at the end for the pix, Monday was a good day, not very crowded. Prom (short for Prometheus?) was experienced, helpful, patient and had a good sense of humor.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“So nice we went twice”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

My wife & I did a Middle Ocoee trip with Raft 1 on Friday. River was big & a thrill a minute! Bruce, our guide, made sure we had fun! As for the newlywed couple in our raft - they said they' ve never had so much fun! (I don't think they were joking???) Anyway, it was an awesome trip.. so awesome, my wife & I returned the next day to do the full Upper & Middle Ocoee trip with Raft 1.. guided by Tyler! BTW - my wife & I have done the Arkansas in Colo several times, Sanke River in Wyoming, the Chatooga & the Ocoee previously these Raft 1 trips get our 'Excellent' ratings! Guides were crazy fun! You'll really like the the new Raft 1 outpost. Staff is friendly & accomodating. There's zip lining & mountain biking. And it's the best buy on the river! Great fun! Great people! But their signage is sketchy & not right in front of the outpost. Watch carefully for the Raft 1 sign on Hwy-64. It you pass it, turn around. Don't bother with the other outfits!