“Worse Customer Service Experience I Have Ever Had”

Holiday Inn Express Dickson
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Dickson
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Booked my room via Priceline which I have never had a problem with before. Arrived late in the evening and checked in. Once I got to my room I immediately realized they had me in a smoking room which as a former smoker and someone with a respiratory problem, I could not accept. According to the night clerk, Amanda, they only had smoking rooms left though she checked another guest into a non-smoking room while I was standing there. She showed no sympathy or offered no help in finding me another hotel, did not offer to see if anyone with a non-smoking reservation had not checked in yet and might loose that room (it was nearly midnight) but did tell me that if I did not like what she was telling me, I had two choices, I could either vacate the lobby or she would call the cops! I was flabbergasted and continued to try to find another room at another hotel. Since there were no other rooms available in the entire town of Dickson that night, I was forced to try to sleep in the fumes. When reporting this to the manager, Jeanie, I received about the same attitude with constantly being interupted and talked over. This is not what my family's late friend Kemmons Wilson had in mind when he started Holiday Inn. He would be rolling over in his grave if he knew. Run! Don't walk away from this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
rickipatel, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dickson, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Hello kystockdoc,
We always try our best to meet our Guests' needs and expectations. However, your reservation was booked through Priceline as a Two Queen Smoking room. Priceline states on their website that there is no room preference when booking through them.
Once a Guest arrives at our hotel, however, if they did not get the type of room they wanted, and we are able to accommodate them, we are happy to do this. But, if we cannot accommodate them, then they must take what Priceline books for them.
At the time you arrived, we did not have any Non Smoking rooms available except for those that already had Non Smoking reservations guaranteed. Yours was guaranteed for Smoking, and was also put in the Traces Section of your reservation "preferred Smoking"
We did call all hotels in Dickson for you to see if there were any vacancies, and there were none.
Having done all we could to accomodate you to the best of our ability, the choice was then left in your hands.
We are very sorry for the inconvenience and the negative experience you had at our hotel.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

This was a very nice Holiday Inn Express at an excellent rate. The breakfast was very good and the breakfast area was well maintained. We will be adding this to our list of places to stay on our frequent cross-country drives.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I always stay with The Holiday Inn Hotel chain and this one in Dickson is nothing but great. Room was very clean, furniture nice and the bed slept well. The breakfast was good and the staff was friendly! If am passing near here and need to spend the night, Dickson Holiday Inn will be my first choice!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Hello every one

Never consider this hotel for staying. The rooms had very bad smell (Damp) and hallway had cigarette smell. I got sick and my daughter felt very sick too. The receptionist was very mean and she behaved rudely. She said she doesn't have another room for me and also refused to refund me until speaking to manager. Very bad experience.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dickson, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Dear mikenzee,

Thank you so much for your recent comments. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class experience. For that reason, your comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. I would love to welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience with further details. I have sent you a private message to obtain additional information regarding your stay.

I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Lera M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed September 1, 2012

If you're on the road and desperate enough to go to any truck town, this will do. We were desperate and pulled into Holiday Inn in Dickson, TN. We were told that the only room available is the room with a jacuzzi. I think that's in-a-way a scam, because as tired and weary traveler knows that you're so tired that you don't have the patience to set up a jacuzzi bath late at night. You just want to go to bed. But yet they charge you extra for having that feature in your room.

And it is not in your bathroom, your bathroom has a stand alone shower/tub, and this jacuzzi tub is literally in your bed next to your bed. Which I believe contribute to the musty smell of the room. It also said to me that they don't sucker people into that room often enough to clean it because there were hair on the bathroom floor (that weren't mine) and in the towels. Also a dead roach in the corner of the bathroom sink. I'm not going to picture what else is not clean, just that I slept and left.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dickson, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Dear wannabefoodieHouston,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and providing feedback. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring these matters to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. We’re sorry you felt you received service from the staff which was unacceptable and regret you were not satisfied with the room accommodations. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

I understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHG Care

Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

Arrived to a stale smoke smelling lobby, front desk staff were professional and accommodating. Our room was a non-smoking suite and although there weren't any ashtrays or evidence of prior smokers the stale smoke smell lingered..even the pillows smelled. I consider myself fairly tolerant of smokers but this place was just plain stale. The breakfast was warm and fresh and if you're a smoker this place would probably be perfect.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed July 19, 2012

This Holiday Inn was horrrible, not the rooms which were up to the standards you would expect, oh, except the bug bites I had the next morning after sleeping in one of their beds!!! I was told only two rooms remained when checking in, there were two of us that need rooms in the lobby, I was put in a smoking room which the front deck did not inform me of and spent the night in a smoke smelling room which I am allergic too!! At breakfast the next morning I talked to four travelers that told me the front desk told them the same thing, only two room remained. They arrived after I did. Won't be staying at this hotel again. Oh, did I mention the traffic noise on I-40 could be heard all night and the air conditioner was very loud! Didn't sleep a wink!

Room Tip: Don't bother to stay at this hotel