“Ok in a pinch”

Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Dickson
Houston
“Ok in a pinch”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

If you're on the road and desperate enough to go to any truck town, this will do. We were desperate and pulled into Holiday Inn in Dickson, TN. We were told that the only room available is the room with a jacuzzi. I think that's in-a-way a scam, because as tired and weary traveler knows that you're so tired that you don't have the patience to set up a jacuzzi bath late at night. You just want to go to bed. But yet they charge you extra for having that feature in your room.

And it is not in your bathroom, your bathroom has a stand alone shower/tub, and this jacuzzi tub is literally in your bed next to your bed. Which I believe contribute to the musty smell of the room. It also said to me that they don't sucker people into that room often enough to clean it because there were hair on the bathroom floor (that weren't mine) and in the towels. Also a dead roach in the corner of the bathroom sink. I'm not going to picture what else is not clean, just that I slept and left.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dickson, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear wannabefoodieHouston,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and providing feedback. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring these matters to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. We’re sorry you felt you received service from the staff which was unacceptable and regret you were not satisfied with the room accommodations. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

I understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHG Care

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Macomb, Michigan
Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

Arrived to a stale smoke smelling lobby, front desk staff were professional and accommodating. Our room was a non-smoking suite and although there weren't any ashtrays or evidence of prior smokers the stale smoke smell lingered..even the pillows smelled. I consider myself fairly tolerant of smokers but this place was just plain stale. The breakfast was warm and fresh and if you're a smoker this place would probably be perfect.

• Stayed August 2012
dallas, tx
Reviewed July 19, 2012

This Holiday Inn was horrrible, not the rooms which were up to the standards you would expect, oh, except the bug bites I had the next morning after sleeping in one of their beds!!! I was told only two rooms remained when checking in, there were two of us that need rooms in the lobby, I was put in a smoking room which the front deck did not inform me of and spent the night in a smoke smelling room which I am allergic too!! At breakfast the next morning I talked to four travelers that told me the front desk told them the same thing, only two room remained. They arrived after I did. Won't be staying at this hotel again. Oh, did I mention the traffic noise on I-40 could be heard all night and the air conditioner was very loud! Didn't sleep a wink!

Room Tip: Don't bother to stay at this hotel
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
rickipatel, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dickson, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
I am very sorry for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay at our hotel.
Sometimes when we are nearly sold out, all we have are smoking rooms, so I apologize if you had to stay in a smoking room.
WIth our hotel being next to the Interstate, sometimes guests will be able to hear the traffic noise.
Our hotel has never had any issues with bugs, and we have our Pest Control come twice a month, and we have never had any comments about bugs on any review website, including Trip Advisor.
Again, I apologize for your inconvenience but appreciate your feedback.
Thomasville, Georgia
Reviewed June 2, 2012

As those that have read my reviews know, I travel for a living. I am also elevated in my club status with pretty much every hotel chain there is. When you book a room on points, at Holiday Inn you normally get treated in proportion to your level. Well you can forget that here and A.J. made that perfectly clear!

For an HI Express this place needs a little work, but not a bad place to stay.

If you stay less and your level doesn't matter than you may enjoy your stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dickson, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Dear Steve C,

Thank you for being a Priority Club Member and for taking the time to review our property. Allow me to apologize for any inconvenience and negative impression you may have had with our facilities and the service you received during your stay. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our beloved guests. We look forward to welcoming you back in order to serve you in a manner that you always deserve.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
hr1487
Reviewed May 31, 2012

My business associate said in a negative tone, "Oh...did you see So-and-So booked us into a Holiday Inn Express?" My reply, "Yes, I always ask for HIE."

The next day at the delicious hotel breakfast she says, "Wow...I'm going to book Holiday Inn Express from now on!"

Popcorn and cookies upon arrival. Quick check in. Clean hotel. Clean room. Decent location (about 30-45 minutes from Nashville). They've got a good sized indoor pool and a gym with treadmill, exercise bike, and elliptical machine (all working!).

The person working the desk the evening we checked in was a little blunt/short with me which I didn't appreciate. I'm not sure I got my Priority points assessed either (I certainly didn't get a goodie bag) but the ladies the next day were very friendly and accomodated me with a complimentary razor/shaving cream.

You won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: My room was right next to the elevator on the third floor and I didn't hear a thing!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear hr1487,

I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel.
We strive to maintain great customer service and a professional, courteous staff.
It is Guests like you that make it possible for us to continue to be a Great Hotel Guests Love!
We hope to see you again in the future!

Regards,
Ricky Patel
Dickson, TN
Reviewed May 17, 2012

I can start by saying the hotel is kept very clean and the rooms are great.
The breakfast was good and the nice lady working the breakfast was excellent. She was very helpful, always smiling and always making sure there was plenty of food available.

The staff at the front desk made me feel like they were being nice because they had to. Don't get me wrong.....they were nice but never made it feel like there was more to it than it was their job & had no choice in the matter. I am a Priority Club member and asked if I could use it for late check out (2pm) that Sunday. I was advised the hotel was full and they could only make it for 12 noon. Only to find out later (keeping source quiet) that the hotel had plenty of rooms available that Sunday.

The pool is nice too but VERY COLD! Their website says the pool is heated. We went at different times and it was always freezing. Plus, there were rarely any pool towels available.

I would stay here again for maybe an overnight stay but not a real inviting atmosphere as far as the staff. (Except for breakfast).

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed May 5, 2012

Used as a "pit stop" for breaking up a 20-hour drive; easy access right off I-40. Clean hotel, secure location, friendly staff, free breakfast was good also. Room was clean, quiet, smelled good; a/c-heat was not too loud and functioned as designed. Pet friendly, no doggy smell, no fleas, plenty of grassy areas around the parking lot to take the dogs to do their business. All in all, an excellent choice for us. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear drumrjohn,

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for your wonderful feedback regarding our hotel.
We strive to make every stay for every Guest feel like home!
I'm proud that we are one of the few "pet friendly" hotels, so that we may have a place for your "other family members" to sleep as well.
We hope to see you again in the future when your travels bring you back this way!

Warm Regards,