“So much potential”

Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Dickson
Seattle, Washington
“So much potential”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Typical of the newly remodeled Motel 6 line up this motel is just the bare essentials for travel. No fancy towels or shampoos here. A bed, a room an A/C unit that could wake the dead and plenty of space under the door for critters to march or fly in. All kidding aside this property has so much potential to be a good draw. It just needs maintenance. Well that and someone who knows how to clean. The bath drain was clogged with hair. There were two big holes in the fiberglass shower / bath unit from a handle that was torn out and not fixed. I put tape over the holes fearing whatever lived in the oh too damp recess behind the shower wall. Fix these things as they come up and everything is fine. I do hope Motel 6 reads this and passes it on to the manager. I would not stay here again as it is now.

Room Tip: Bring your own cleaning supplies.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Motel6, Owner at Motel 6 Dickson, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Bradford7050,
We sincerely apologize for the cleanliness and maintenance issues you experienced, during your recent stay. These conditions are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us; please consider contacting our guest relations department to report your experience so we may serve you better in the future: 1-800-557-3435.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Trenton
Reviewed September 16, 2013

My truck broke down on my way to the cumberland mountains. The wrecker service dropped me off at this hotel. The location is next to several resturants like cracker barrel, Logans, Ruby Tuesday and O Charleys. The staff is very friendly and accomodating. The rooms were really cool with new modern type beds, hard wood flooring instead of carpet, a work desk with a couch type booth and nice overall layout. The room was very clean and comfortable. Had a nice large flat screen TV that could be turned. They also have a nice clean fenced in pool. For 39.99 plus tax it was a great surprise. This is a good place to stay especially for the price and the new updated room design check the rooms out on line for yourself. Happy travels...

Room Tip: I recomend the King type room
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

Very good motel; lots of outlets, lights, etc. No Kleenex, hair dryer, iron, or clock, but free Wi-fi.

Requested 1st floor, but assigner failed to honor request. Otherwise service was fine.

Price was extremely reasonable.

• Stayed June 2013
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was traveling with my husband and 5 month old son. It was 7 am and check isn't until 2pm, however we were allowed to check in at 7 with no extra charge. It was a beautiful room, very modern decoration, I LOVED the wall color. It came with a large flat screen TV, fridge and microwave. There was pretty wood flooring, the beds were comfy. Very clean, smelled nice. We had people in rooms next door, but never heard a thing. I would definitely stay again, and recommend to anyone else passing through. Great price for service and rooms very comparable with rooms at much higher priced motels.

Room Tip: We were given a room overlooking the pool, it was super quiet :) I didn't look for a fitness ce...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank KatieDawn2012
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I travel on business and pay my own expenses. Always looking for a good value on a room. I think Motel 6 hit a home run for the business traveler niche with the new rooms. I've stayed in 3 of these new rooms at this location in the recent 30 days. Each one has been clean and with a modern, crisp new look. Absolutely love it. No carpet either, yeah!!. I'll be staying here weekly if I continue to get friendly service at the desk and a clean room. Love the value!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Kipp256
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I'm a traveler, I have a backpack and hadn't bathed in several days when I checked in. The lady at the front desk was very personable, I'd ever call her sweet, my room had plenty of clean linens, no pet fee, and was as clean as I'd expect from a $40 motel that allows pets. It would appear that my fellow reviewers expected a Fairmont hotel at 1/5 the price... The bed was gigantic and very comfortable, the floor was very clean, and the bathroom was pristine. Maybe they've just markedly improved since the last reviewer was here, but I think it was just fine.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank noshamerubbertramper
Branson, Missouri
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Maybe this was a room they haven't remodeled yet, but it was the last one available at the third hotel we'd stopped at--busy night in Dickson. However, it should never have been rented. Dirty, greasy cobwebs on the walls, two outlets with obvious signs of fire, and the bathroom!!! Peeling paint above the jacuzzi, DIRTY HANDPRINTS all over the wall above the jacuzzi, which makes you wonder who was doing what, stains that looked like blood under the sink, a toilet that wobbled when you sat on it, rust and filth all over the door--I could go on. Bedding was worn and grungy, and the towels had holes. Not only did we skip the jacuzzi, but we were afraid to take a shower--especially since the sink water never got above lukewarm. All this for $112 per night. Disgusting. I don't know how they keep their franchise. Motel 6 is usually simple but quite clean elsewhere.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank EmmasTravelClub
Jay L, Webmaster at Motel 6 Dickson, responded to this review, January 21, 2015
Dear Guest,

We sincerely thank you for providing us with the review. We also apologize for all the inconvenience caused during your stay here. We thank you for appreciating our service and facility.

We will take your feedback and take every step possible to address the issues you have pointed out. We hope, on you next visit you will get to see all the changes we have made. Thank You.

Hotel Manager

Travelers are raving about these Dickson hotels