“Contemporary Rooms”
Review of Motel 6 Dickson

Motel 6 Dickson
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Dickson
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I travel on business and pay my own expenses. Always looking for a good value on a room. I think Motel 6 hit a home run for the business traveler niche with the new rooms. I've stayed in 3 of these new rooms at this location in the recent 30 days. Each one has been clean and with a modern, crisp new look. Absolutely love it. No carpet either, yeah!!. I'll be staying here weekly if I continue to get friendly service at the desk and a clean room. Love the value!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Kipp256
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Dickson

Reviewed December 26, 2012

I'm a traveler, I have a backpack and hadn't bathed in several days when I checked in. The lady at the front desk was very personable, I'd ever call her sweet, my room had plenty of clean linens, no pet fee, and was as clean as I'd expect from a $40 motel that allows pets. It would appear that my fellow reviewers expected a Fairmont hotel at 1/5 the price... The bed was gigantic and very comfortable, the floor was very clean, and the bathroom was pristine. Maybe they've just markedly improved since the last reviewer was here, but I think it was just fine.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank noshamerubbertramper
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Maybe this was a room they haven't remodeled yet, but it was the last one available at the third hotel we'd stopped at--busy night in Dickson. However, it should never have been rented. Dirty, greasy cobwebs on the walls, two outlets with obvious signs of fire, and the bathroom!!! Peeling paint above the jacuzzi, DIRTY HANDPRINTS all over the wall above the jacuzzi, which makes you wonder who was doing what, stains that looked like blood under the sink, a toilet that wobbled when you sat on it, rust and filth all over the door--I could go on. Bedding was worn and grungy, and the towels had holes. Not only did we skip the jacuzzi, but we were afraid to take a shower--especially since the sink water never got above lukewarm. All this for $112 per night. Disgusting. I don't know how they keep their franchise. Motel 6 is usually simple but quite clean elsewhere.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank EmmasTravelClub
Jay L, Webmaster at Motel 6 Dickson, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2015

Dear Guest,

We sincerely thank you for providing us with the review. We also apologize for all the inconvenience caused during your stay here. We thank you for appreciating our service and facility.

We will take your feedback and take every step possible to address the issues you have pointed out. We hope, on you next visit you will get to see all the changes we have made. Thank You.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

The updated rooms were cute, but not that clean. There were pieces of hair on everything from the bathroom to the sheets. The new fluorescent light fixture in the vanity area was not working. We were only passing through for one night and the area was full of hotels and this one looked acceptable and pet friendly. I asked the front desk how the rooms were and she said they were just remodeled. I didn't have that clean feeling like I thought I would in a recently remodeled room. It was pet friendly and I did have my little dog with us. I went to take my dog outside first thing in the morning at 6 a.m.and found a van with a sign on the back of it displaying "Tags Applied For" over the license plate area and it was parked near the grassy area where I had to take my dog. The windows were open a little and I didn't think anything of it until a dog started barking from inside the van and a man's voice telling the dog to be quiet. So it appeared that someone had camped out in the parking lot of the motel. We packed up, paid our bill and headed out without telling the front desk. What was the point? There were a few other iffy looking people coming and going from the rooms near ours. Wasn't the worst hotel I have stayed in but is in the bottom 5 of all time.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We sincerely thank you for taking your time to provide us with the elaborate review of our services and facilities. We also sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experiences you had during your stay with us. We will look into your complaints and take appropriate measures to address them.

We hope you will visit us again and see all the improvements we have made. Thank You.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here while we were visiting Nashville. Place was very clean, hotel staff was alright, lots of things in the area, and about a 20 minute drive away from Nashville. Would definitely recommend this hotel to others. Didn't get a chance to use a pool, but it was pretty small. Gas station employees right by the hotel were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I'm not sure if all Motel 6 hotels are going to this look but this one was really pretty. We will definitely stay here again. Great night's sleep at a great price. The location was also very convenient, anything you could possibly need was right in the area. Also, very close to I-40

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank bettyboop42413
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Reserved this room on the Motel 6 website. When I arrived, asked to be sure to included senior discount. Clerk said she had but my bill did not reflect it. Asked again and was told again that it had been included. Was then told that if I didn't like the price I could go elsewhere, and indeed, I should have. The rooms have been refurbished in their new Euro style, but that is all I can say for it. The rooms was not soundproof and the folks next door had a dog and apparently were playing catch, as I could hear the dogs nails clicking across the floor and had to turn up the TV to override the sound. The bathroom was clean, but you have to go into the lavatory area to get a towel and there is no place to hang one in the tub area. The floors needed mopping, the bed was hard with really skinny pillows, and the sheets smelled of old Ben-Gay. Yuck! You may have better luck here, but I'll not be back.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Betty L

Dear Guest,

We are sincerely thankful for your review. We sincerely apologize for all the inconveniences caused during your stay with us. We are committed in providing quality service and your feedback will help us attain that.

We hope, on your next visit, you will see all the changes we have made by accommodating your feedback. Thank You.