Super 8 Dickson
Good 3.5/5
Comfort Inn(Dickson)
Quality Inn(Dickson)
Average 3/5
All reviewsroom was cleanrecommend this hotelstaff was very friendlynight's restwafflesfirst floormotelvincemicrowavecerealtennesseeinterstate
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 31, 2010

We stayed here on our way home to Texas from North Carolina. The motel was conveniently located right off of I-40. It has several other hotels/motels right around it as well as a McDonalds, Ruby Tuesdays, and a few other restaurants. We found it to be quite nice, nicer than some other Super 8s we have stayed in. Our room was a 2 queen room and was VERY spacious. We had plenty of room for our crib and suitcases with room to spare. It also had a refrigerator and microwave. We got a non-smoking room and although the room we stayed in smelled ok, the hallway was very smokey smelling. The 2nd floor ice machine was out of order and the soda machine only had water bottles. Also, the 1 computer was out of order. The indoor pool wasn't super inviting so we decided not to swim. Breakfast was adequate, nothing exciting: cold cereal, bagels, bread, toaster waffles, muffins, juice and milk. We slept well, it was very quiet. For the price we paid, I think we would stay here again when we're passing through.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Shmarla
Reviewed December 29, 2009

We booked this hotel online and you never know what you're getting, right? We walked into the lobby and found everything in order and were checked in within 5 minutes. The staff was very friendly and competent. The lobby was beautifully decorated for the Christmas holiday. It definately said, "welcome!" Our room had two double beds with obviously new mattresses and bedspreads. It was stylishing decorated and clean. The only thing we saw that was wrong was the icemaker on our floor was down and we went to the one on the first floor. Not a biggie. The Internet and cable TV worked great. We wouldn't hesitate a moment to stay with Super 8 Dickson again. In fact, I'm sure we will!

• Stayed: December 2009
Reviewed March 21, 2009

We spent the night at the Super 8 in Dickson, TN on our way to a festival. We chose the Super 8 so our sons could enjoy the indoor pool. The room was average nothing fancy. The room was equipped with 2 queen beds, a microwave, a refrigerator, a coffee maker, an ironing board and an iron. In the bathroom there were 2 bars of soap and a bottle of conditioning shampoo. The hotel offered Wi-fi but we were never able to connect to their server. (We were, however, able to connect to the Motel 6 across the road.) The beds were queen size but extremely hard, with 2 pillows each and no two pillows were alike we had 4 different levels from flat and hard to a feather pillow. The sheets were ok but the blanket and comforter had seen better days, but they were clean.

After realizing we only had 3 towels for 4 people. My husband and I took a walk to the front desk. We asked the clerk on duty for an extra towel, and 3 extra pillows. We also mentioned that we couldn’t connect to their wi-fi. She seemed extremely put out to have to talk to us, much less stop reading her paper and retrieve the things we asked for. If she had pointed me to the closet I would have done it myself! I’m thankful we travel with our own beach towels and didn’t have to ask her for pool towels too! As for our Internet request, she said she didn’t know of a code, she said to just to restart our computer.

So the boys have had their fun in the pool it’s 9pm and we’re going to watch a little TV before bed. Wrong, the picture stopped working on the TV. The sound worked but the picture didn’t. We debated and decided we’d call the front desk. The clerk (same lady from the towel incident) came to our room. She smacked the TV and pushed some buttons and nothing happened. She then asked me to unplug the TV and plug it in again. I did as I was told and then the TV quit working all together. I showed the clerk the cord in my hand, which was most defiantly a fire hazard. It had a big gob of electrical tape holding it together. That didn’t faze her a bit, she just look at it and said they didn’t have any extra TV’s. I bravely suggested my husband could move one from another room. She said we couldn’t do that. She did say we could move to another room. However we were all in our pj’s and the boys were actually in the bed as she stood there. I think she knew that wasn’t really a possibility. We stayed put and watched some TV on the laptop thanks to the Motel 6 across the street.

Now it’s 6 am time to hit the road! Hubby and I go down the all to scope out the breakfast. Well folks, there wasn’t much to see! Apples, bananas, muffins, dry cereal, juice and coffee. We decided to eat at the waffle house down the road. (It was delicious, by the way!) We paid the bill and set out on our way. I wouldn’t stay here again. There are too many other options. We are easy-going and not at all hard to please, but we did not feel welcome here.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Sparke71
Reviewed February 26, 2009

The owners of the motel were wonderful. I felt very safe there and I liked the privacy it gave me. I stayed in the Jacuzzi Suite and it was great. The Jacuzzi was the biggest I've ever seen in a hotel room.

Stayed: February 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed January 27, 2008

This is my second stay and everything was just as nice as when I stayed a year ago. The hotel was fairly clean, but the rug is due for a touch-up. The staff was very friendly. Included is a lite breakfast. There are many cable channels.

• Stayed: January 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank plcrossctry