“Not that great”

Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Dickson
Cleveland
“Not that great”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

the pool area was not lighted very well and needed some much needed up keep. the breakfast was not that great the bagels were dry and gross. the lady at the desk when I checked in was not friendly at all. the rooms were clean but as walking down the hall all I smelt was smoke from the smoking rooms gag me. I wont stay here again

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Chilliwack, Canada
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We had a good night....the pool was lovely and warm. The beds were comfortable and everything seemed quite clean.
A nice breakfast was available. The desk clerk (originally from England) made us feel very welcome.
We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed here on a recent trip to TN, and I stayed here because it was so well rated and at a good price. I was not impressed putting it mildly. I'm amazed at how there are so many reviews recommending this place. I walked in my room, and yes, I asked for a smoking room. I smoke, but very lightly. When I walked into the room they put me in, I almost passed out from the smell of smoke. While I found no bedbugs on the bed, the sheets & towels reaked of smoke. I would have been far better off with a non-smoking room & going outside.

When I looked in the bathroom, there was dried, burnt coffee in the coffee pot, which was still on, and it reaked. I shut it off, but was concerned about the glass breaking, luckily it didn't. Then I checked the shower...what a mess. It looked like it hadn't been scrubbed in months, maybe longer. There was soap scum & mold/mildew all over, dirt or some type of black "something" on the floor of the tub. I had to shower wearing flip-flops as I was scared to catch something from it.

It was extremely hot in my room, so i opened the window, and alas, the screen was bent/busted and hanging down from the bottom of the window frame. I could not keep the window open because I didn't want bugs to come in.

There were people outside my room partying until 2-3am, and I had to be up at 7. It was almost impossible to get to sleep. Oh and I wanted to park outside my room (I was on the 1st floor) so I could see my car, but there was an abandoned/disabled car in the spot.

In the morning, I didn't take time to grab the free breakfast because I was running late to my appointment because it was so hard to sleep, so I can't say anything about the breakfast.

I was a trucker for nearly 18 years, and I have stayed in hotels all over the US & Canada, and this is by far one of the worst places I've ever stayed at.

Do yourself a favor, don't believe the hype. If you just need a place to crash that's cheap, sure, stay ehre, but if you want something clean with some class, you owe it to yourself to look elsewhere.

Room Tip: If you insist on staying here, opt for a non-smoking room
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank frstrescue

Travelers are raving about these Dickson hotels

Des Plaines, Illinois
Reviewed March 9, 2013

March 2013 my husband's sister passed away and we had to take a trip from our home in Illinois to Dickson, Tn. We stopped at the Super 8 hotel in Dickson and stayed for three days. I highly recommend this hotel. It was clean, reasonably priced and the staff could not do enough to assist in our needs. They even printed out direction to Florida for us since we will be heading there for vacation after the funeral. It located in walking distance of several restaurants and gas stations. If we ever come this way again, we will be staying at the Super 8.

Jack and Debbie Knowski
DesPlaines, IL 60018

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Deborah K
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Very nice motel! Best place in town! Clean rooms and very nice people. I love the breakfast and the hospitality. Very clean and atmospheric place! Makes you feel right at home! Love it here and always stay here! Make your stop here!

• Stayed March 2013