“Christmas vacation”

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Dickson
Bowling Green, Kentucky
“Christmas vacation”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

The hotel was very nice and clean. The staff allowed our children to stay I the pool a little longer to wear down their energy after being in the car so long. They really cater to you and make you feel at home no request seemed to much to ask for. This hotel is right off the exit with easy on and off access to the interstate. Kevin is definitely an asset to the company very friendly. The little lady in the breakfast room was a little over friendly, but breakfast had a great selection of hot and cold items. We will definitely stay here again next year.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
jvhospitality, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Thank you for your recent with us and we are glad to hear your stay was great. I will pass the message regarding Kevin. We hope to see you back on your travel back in our area.

Jay

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
vicksburg wv
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I had planned on my stopping point being in Nashville, however due to a football game everything was either booked or overpriced. I was really surprised by this exit (172). There a many different restraunts both fast food and nicer places like Logans steakhouse. This hotel was reaaly nice and I felt really safe in this area. The staff was really great from check in to check out. I would recommend this stop when going west. It is just close enough to get on through the busy traffic of nashville and be in a less hetic enviroment with everything you need. I will stay at this property again

Room Tip: Request room on second floor. The view is great.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear Ariel P,

Glad your experience was great and we look forward to serving you each and everytime back in our area.

Monroe, Louisiana
Reviewed September 9, 2013

My husband is an employee of Comfort Inn. We have stayed at this property many times and always have enjoyed our stays. On this particular trip, my husband had notified the hotel that we would be arriving before the check in time, to which the front desk agent replied that this would be fine. When we arrived at the hotel, the front desk agent had on us on the first floor. We normally prefer the second floor, but considering we were checking in early, we decided first floor would be fine. I was in the room for about two hours and felt an ant bite me on my leg and another on my arm. I located more ants crawling on the night stand. I went down to the front desk and requested to be moved to the 2nd floor and the only thing they had available was a double with two queen beds. I took the room and the room was very clean, with the A/C unit working properly. the bed was comfortable especially the pillows. The reason why I choose to stay at this property is due to the breakfast. My favorite item has to be the gravy, sausage, and fresh milk for cereal or coffee. I truly hope by the time we return to the property the ant problem will be taken care of. With my husband and I both working in the hotel industry, we do understand that these problems sometime arise. The ants were the only problem with the stay. Everything else was great. The staff, including Ms. Shielia Arnold and the young man who works at night were very helpful, hospitable, and professional.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second or first floor is recommended.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Courtney S,

I am glad to have accomodated you. My apologies for the delayed response to your review. I assure the ant problem you had is not normal and it was taken care of the following week. Me and my staff look hope to see you soon on your next vacation.

benbrook, tx
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We typically prefer "Comfort Suites" over "Comfort Inn" properties because they are a little newer. However, this location worked well for us on a trip across I-40 through middle Tennessee. We usually stop in Jackson, TN but we were able to save some money staying in Dickson. The hotel is showing its age some but it was clean and the staff was friendly. We would stop here again while travelling I-40 in the future.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank tim_and_jennifer
Dear Tim_and _jennifer,

We are glad you choose us over Jackson, TN. We hope you stay choosing us over Jackson and I assure through small continued renovation, we will have this property looking sharp again.

Cleveland, Georgia
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Stayed here while working in town. I was there for 5 days. Clean rooms, friendly staff, breakfast was good. Price was good. I would stay here again. The only problems i had were since my room was right beside the housekeeping office it was one of the first to be cleaned. I worked at night so when they came around at 9 am in was a pain. Had to hang the Do not disturb sign so i could sleep then the room did not get cleaned. Not a big deal since they would give us clean towels. Also one day the towels had a clump of someones hair on them. Housekeeping replaced them and apolgized so it was all good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I booked this hotel based on reviews here and proximity to where i was working. Check in was simple. Room was a decent size, king size bed, fridge, and microwave. As I was unpacking, I opened up a dresser drawer to put some things away, and found the previous person's belongings. I put them in a bag and took them to the front desk. They were surprised by it, and asked if the rest of the room was ok. It was fairly clean, but dated. There is a brand new tub/shower insert, but seemed like they kept the old shower heads that needed some cleaning. Bed spread was very dated and looked dirty. The room had a chair and matching ottoman, which had a big wear mark on it, as if someone rubbed sticks across it trying to start it on fire. The wall paper was stained, and needed to be replaced or painted. This hotel does has smoking rooms, and at one point during my stay you could smell cigarette smoke coming thru the vent in the bathroom. The internet conection was solid. I only had breakfast twice, as it seemed the choice everyday was bisquits and gravy. The seating area was only big enough to accomdate about 12-15 people. The did have a pool, but I did not use it. The fitness center is in need of some serious upgrades. The tv in there, did not work at all. It had one treadmill that that was in poor condition, some sort of elliptical machine, that doubled as a bike, another Tony gazelle type stridor that had a out of service note on it the entire time, and a weight machine. There was no water fountain in there, nor was there anything to clean the equipment after use. The employees were mostly pleasant to deal with. I had left a note on the sink one time, when I needed maid service and asked for extra towels. I ended up receiving one less than I started with. I was able to get extras by going to the front desk. The hotel is withing walking distance to a Ruby Tuesday, McDonalds,Taco Bell, and a gas station. Over all the stay was ok, but if i had a choice I would probably try another hotel in the area. Compared to the last two Comfort Inns I stayed at, this one was not nearly as nice.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Joplin
Reviewed July 12, 2013

This was a great place to stay. Nice people, super breakfast, clean rooms. Didn't like being there on business, but I love the Comfort Inn. The Extras in the rooms were great. Nice beds, friendly staff. Good internet service.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
jvhospitality, Owner at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
We thank you for your recent stay and appreciate your kind words. Hopefully you get to visit our small town for personal reasons and check out the sites.