“Comfortable location for an overnight stop” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Dickson
benbrook, tx
“Comfortable location for an overnight stop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

We typically prefer "Comfort Suites" over "Comfort Inn" properties because they are a little newer. However, this location worked well for us on a trip across I-40 through middle Tennessee. We usually stop in Jackson, TN but we were able to save some money staying in Dickson. The hotel is showing its age some but it was clean and the staff was friendly. We would stop here again while travelling I-40 in the future.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank tim_and_jennifer
jvhospitality, Owner at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear Tim_and _jennifer,

We are glad you choose us over Jackson, TN. We hope you stay choosing us over Jackson and I assure through small continued renovation, we will have this property looking sharp again.

Jay Patel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Cleveland, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

Stayed here while working in town. I was there for 5 days. Clean rooms, friendly staff, breakfast was good. Price was good. I would stay here again. The only problems i had were since my room was right beside the housekeeping office it was one of the first to be cleaned. I worked at night so when they came around at 9 am in was a pain. Had to hang the Do not disturb sign so i could sleep then the room did not get cleaned. Not a big deal since they would give us clean towels. Also one day the towels had a clump of someones hair on them. Housekeeping replaced them and apolgized so it was all good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

I booked this hotel based on reviews here and proximity to where i was working. Check in was simple. Room was a decent size, king size bed, fridge, and microwave. As I was unpacking, I opened up a dresser drawer to put some things away, and found the previous person's belongings. I put them in a bag and took them to the front desk. They were surprised by it, and asked if the rest of the room was ok. It was fairly clean, but dated. There is a brand new tub/shower insert, but seemed like they kept the old shower heads that needed some cleaning. Bed spread was very dated and looked dirty. The room had a chair and matching ottoman, which had a big wear mark on it, as if someone rubbed sticks across it trying to start it on fire. The wall paper was stained, and needed to be replaced or painted. This hotel does has smoking rooms, and at one point during my stay you could smell cigarette smoke coming thru the vent in the bathroom. The internet conection was solid. I only had breakfast twice, as it seemed the choice everyday was bisquits and gravy. The seating area was only big enough to accomdate about 12-15 people. The did have a pool, but I did not use it. The fitness center is in need of some serious upgrades. The tv in there, did not work at all. It had one treadmill that that was in poor condition, some sort of elliptical machine, that doubled as a bike, another Tony gazelle type stridor that had a out of service note on it the entire time, and a weight machine. There was no water fountain in there, nor was there anything to clean the equipment after use. The employees were mostly pleasant to deal with. I had left a note on the sink one time, when I needed maid service and asked for extra towels. I ended up receiving one less than I started with. I was able to get extras by going to the front desk. The hotel is withing walking distance to a Ruby Tuesday, McDonalds,Taco Bell, and a gas station. Over all the stay was ok, but if i had a choice I would probably try another hotel in the area. Compared to the last two Comfort Inns I stayed at, this one was not nearly as nice.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Joplin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

This was a great place to stay. Nice people, super breakfast, clean rooms. Didn't like being there on business, but I love the Comfort Inn. The Extras in the rooms were great. Nice beds, friendly staff. Good internet service.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
jvhospitality, Owner at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
We thank you for your recent stay and appreciate your kind words. Hopefully you get to visit our small town for personal reasons and check out the sites.

Rochester, New Hampshire
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

Booked this based on other reviews and the Comfort Inn name but stayed only one night and moved to the Econo Lodge. Our room here was very dated. The towel rod in the bathroom was broken and had not been fixed--no place to hang the towel. The globe over the light in the bathroom was missing as well.
No one was caring for the continental breakfast and we ran out of coffee but when we inquired at the desk we were just directed to go to the lobby and get coffee from those carafes. Why didn't they move the lobby carafes to the breakfast and just make more coffee? The juice machine was broken but they did not put up a sign--just let everyone figure it out on their own. Nor did they just buy a gallon of juice to serve. Very limited fruit. We watched many people come in and try to arrange a breakfast with the few available items. Even though it was 4th of July week end, at 9:05 the absent attendant became "Johnny on the spot" to close the door to the breakfast room and immediately begin unplugging any machines, etc.
The bed was comfortable and the shower was nice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
jvhospitality, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for choosing Comfort Inn in Dickson, TN. I apologize that your stay was disappointing and also your breakfast experience was not up to standard. I would like to know when your stay with us was and what name was the room booked in as, so I can look further into your condition of your room and to see which staff member were working during your stay.

We take great pride in our guest satisfaction and customer service hence I would like to get more details.

Clarkston, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

We made the trip from Michigan for a Funeral. The rooms were clean, the staff was wonderful but what sticks out in my mind was each morning at breakfast, Kathy, was was so very bright and cheerful made sure we were so well taken care of. Also, there was a family that was in a hurry and they had five children... she made each one of those kids a breakfast sandwich and made sure they had exactly what they needed. She was incredible!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jenny S
jvhospitality, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
We thank you for your recent business and appreciate your comments. I will be sure and pass the message to my staff and I am sure Kathy will be tickled to hear your comments about her.

Columbia, SC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

We were very pleased with this hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I requested a room near the desk and they gave it to me. They had luggage carrier racks we could use, which was helpful. The price was good. The room was clean and the beds comfortable. The breakfast was really good.

Room Tip: I believe next time I would not request a room near the desk as the laundry room was right next to u...