“Meh”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Dickson
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I booked this hotel based on reviews here and proximity to where i was working. Check in was simple. Room was a decent size, king size bed, fridge, and microwave. As I was unpacking, I opened up a dresser drawer to put some things away, and found the previous person's belongings. I put them in a bag and took them to the front desk. They were surprised by it, and asked if the rest of the room was ok. It was fairly clean, but dated. There is a brand new tub/shower insert, but seemed like they kept the old shower heads that needed some cleaning. Bed spread was very dated and looked dirty. The room had a chair and matching ottoman, which had a big wear mark on it, as if someone rubbed sticks across it trying to start it on fire. The wall paper was stained, and needed to be replaced or painted. This hotel does has smoking rooms, and at one point during my stay you could smell cigarette smoke coming thru the vent in the bathroom. The internet conection was solid. I only had breakfast twice, as it seemed the choice everyday was bisquits and gravy. The seating area was only big enough to accomdate about 12-15 people. The did have a pool, but I did not use it. The fitness center is in need of some serious upgrades. The tv in there, did not work at all. It had one treadmill that that was in poor condition, some sort of elliptical machine, that doubled as a bike, another Tony gazelle type stridor that had a out of service note on it the entire time, and a weight machine. There was no water fountain in there, nor was there anything to clean the equipment after use. The employees were mostly pleasant to deal with. I had left a note on the sink one time, when I needed maid service and asked for extra towels. I ended up receiving one less than I started with. I was able to get extras by going to the front desk. The hotel is withing walking distance to a Ruby Tuesday, McDonalds,Taco Bell, and a gas station. Over all the stay was ok, but if i had a choice I would probably try another hotel in the area. Compared to the last two Comfort Inns I stayed at, this one was not nearly as nice.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed July 12, 2013

This was a great place to stay. Nice people, super breakfast, clean rooms. Didn't like being there on business, but I love the Comfort Inn. The Extras in the rooms were great. Nice beds, friendly staff. Good internet service.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
jvhospitality, Owner at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

We thank you for your recent stay and appreciate your kind words. Hopefully you get to visit our small town for personal reasons and check out the sites.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Booked this based on other reviews and the Comfort Inn name but stayed only one night and moved to the Econo Lodge. Our room here was very dated. The towel rod in the bathroom was broken and had not been fixed--no place to hang the towel. The globe over the light in the bathroom was missing as well.
No one was caring for the continental breakfast and we ran out of coffee but when we inquired at the desk we were just directed to go to the lobby and get coffee from those carafes. Why didn't they move the lobby carafes to the breakfast and just make more coffee? The juice machine was broken but they did not put up a sign--just let everyone figure it out on their own. Nor did they just buy a gallon of juice to serve. Very limited fruit. We watched many people come in and try to arrange a breakfast with the few available items. Even though it was 4th of July week end, at 9:05 the absent attendant became "Johnny on the spot" to close the door to the breakfast room and immediately begin unplugging any machines, etc.
The bed was comfortable and the shower was nice.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
jvhospitality, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Thank you for choosing Comfort Inn in Dickson, TN. I apologize that your stay was disappointing and also your breakfast experience was not up to standard. I would like to know when your stay with us was and what name was the room booked in as, so I can look further into your condition of your room and to see which staff member were working during your stay.

We take great pride in our guest satisfaction and customer service hence I would like to get more details.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

We made the trip from Michigan for a Funeral. The rooms were clean, the staff was wonderful but what sticks out in my mind was each morning at breakfast, Kathy, was was so very bright and cheerful made sure we were so well taken care of. Also, there was a family that was in a hurry and they had five children... she made each one of those kids a breakfast sandwich and made sure they had exactly what they needed. She was incredible!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jenny S
jvhospitality, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2013

We thank you for your recent business and appreciate your comments. I will be sure and pass the message to my staff and I am sure Kathy will be tickled to hear your comments about her.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

We were very pleased with this hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I requested a room near the desk and they gave it to me. They had luggage carrier racks we could use, which was helpful. The price was good. The room was clean and the beds comfortable. The breakfast was really good.

Room Tip: I believe next time I would not request a room near the desk as the laundry room was right next to u...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your recent stay. We are glad your stay with us was outstanding and hope to see you real soon in your travels back to our area.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

First of all, let me list the very good. The location was very convenient , very easy to get in and out ,very close to restaurants. Next, for the most part the staff was very nice and helpful, Lisa, was one of the nicest, most helpful people I have ever met. The rooms were clean. The pool was very nice and clean, very well kept. This was probably the nicest hotel close to my destination . The town of Dickson was wonderful! People so helpful! Enjoyed the town.

Now the bad. This hotel is in desperate need of renovations ! The furniture is some of the rooms, I had 3, were torn and worn. Some of the bed spreads had holes in them. They did not give you enough towels or wash cloths. The breakfast area was way to small, for a hotel that seems to stay full, knocking out a wall would be a good idea. The selection of food was very poor also.

Now the ugly. I was lied to by one of the female employees repeatedly. That was the most distressing part of my trip! All of the other negative points wouldn't have mattered, if, this wouldn't have happened. We stayed on reward points, my husband stays more at choice properties than he does at home. We picked our rooms on the Internet , then received our confirmation . When I arrived to check in, someone, went in and manually changed my reservation. They put me in a standard king, instead of a suite. They wanted to save the nicest rooms for paying customers.
When corporate called, she told them that there were maintenance issues with the rooms, which was yet another lie. It is really sad that this happened, because it was such a wonderful experience with the exception of the lies.
I can't say enough good things about Dickson ! Wonderful town.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Johnna B

I am glad to hear your comments. I would like to personally speak with you regarding the issues you had at the hotel. It is very unusual issues and could you please email me at jvhospitality@gmail.com so I can get into contact with you personally.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

This hotel was wonderful. I travel appox. 250 nights a year and I don't always get a peaceful night sleep. My room was very spacious and quiet. The staff was very friendly.Thank you for your hospitality. I will definitely stay here next time I'm in town.

• Stayed: March 2013

Thank you for your recent stay and glad you got great night sleep at our Dickson location.