“Very Pleased” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Dickson
Columbia, SC
“Very Pleased”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

We were very pleased with this hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I requested a room near the desk and they gave it to me. They had luggage carrier racks we could use, which was helpful. The price was good. The room was clean and the beds comfortable. The breakfast was really good.

Room Tip: I believe next time I would not request a room near the desk as the laundry room was right next to u...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
jvhospitality, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay. We are glad your stay with us was outstanding and hope to see you real soon in your travels back to our area.

Jay Patel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Northport, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

First of all, let me list the very good. The location was very convenient , very easy to get in and out ,very close to restaurants. Next, for the most part the staff was very nice and helpful, Lisa, was one of the nicest, most helpful people I have ever met. The rooms were clean. The pool was very nice and clean, very well kept. This was probably the nicest hotel close to my destination . The town of Dickson was wonderful! People so helpful! Enjoyed the town.

Now the bad. This hotel is in desperate need of renovations ! The furniture is some of the rooms, I had 3, were torn and worn. Some of the bed spreads had holes in them. They did not give you enough towels or wash cloths. The breakfast area was way to small, for a hotel that seems to stay full, knocking out a wall would be a good idea. The selection of food was very poor also.

Now the ugly. I was lied to by one of the female employees repeatedly. That was the most distressing part of my trip! All of the other negative points wouldn't have mattered, if, this wouldn't have happened. We stayed on reward points, my husband stays more at choice properties than he does at home. We picked our rooms on the Internet , then received our confirmation . When I arrived to check in, someone, went in and manually changed my reservation. They put me in a standard king, instead of a suite. They wanted to save the nicest rooms for paying customers.
When corporate called, she told them that there were maintenance issues with the rooms, which was yet another lie. It is really sad that this happened, because it was such a wonderful experience with the exception of the lies.
I can't say enough good things about Dickson ! Wonderful town.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Johnna B
jvhospitality, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
I am glad to hear your comments. I would like to personally speak with you regarding the issues you had at the hotel. It is very unusual issues and could you please email me at jvhospitality@gmail.com so I can get into contact with you personally.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

This hotel was wonderful. I travel appox. 250 nights a year and I don't always get a peaceful night sleep. My room was very spacious and quiet. The staff was very friendly.Thank you for your hospitality. I will definitely stay here next time I'm in town.

• Stayed March 2013
jvhospitality, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay and glad you got great night sleep at our Dickson location.

Humboldt, Tennessee, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

The hotel is getting older and has some maintenence issues but for the money, it's ok. Breakfast area is clean but lacking on selection.The lady tending the breakfast was very friendly. My room was missing a tv remote and the lady at the front desk was very unconcerned and just told me there wasn't another one. I told another front desk person about her lack of concern , but the day clerk could have cared less also. This stay basically finished me with Choice Hotels all together.

Room Tip: Make sure your room has a renote before you pay.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
jvhospitality, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
I am so sorry to hear about my staff's lack of concern regarding your issues. We take great pride in our guest satisfaction and I promise you that those issues will be addressed. Comments such as your keeps me informed as to whats going on at the hotel and I thank you for that.

Oxford, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

On recent business travel, I stayed a week at the Comfort Inn in Dickson. As a female traveling alone, I felt the area was a safe choice. The hotel was very clean, staff courteous and efficient. I got the larger king bed room and was very pleased. Quiet. Spacious. Clean. Drive in and out of Nashville took 30 minutes each way, but the trip was scenic, peaceful and worth the time. Lots of great places to eat in Dickson. Antique mall is worth your time, if you like that kind of thing. Purchased a bottle of wine at the Cork and Bottle, and the people there were extremely friendly and helpful. Just a nice little town. I'll go back.

Room Tip: Spend a little extra to get the large room. The dressing area alone is worth the money. Huge vanit...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
jvhospitality, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
I am glad you enjoyed our hotel and our beautiful town of Dickson. It makes all of us feel real good to hear comments such as yours. I will pass this comment down to our Chamber of Commerce as well.

Saint Clair Shores, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

Stayed here in Feb 2014. Location was great, close to restaurants. Room was very clean and staff were friendly and helpful. Price was very reasonable. Breakfast was very good. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
jvhospitality, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Thank you for stay with us in February. We would love to see you again in your travels back to our area.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

I stayed here on 12/28/12. I thought I heard the desk clerk say to someone else that the hotel was almost full, but our room was very quiet. Everything was clean, the bed was comfortable, and there were extra towels in the bathroom (three of each size instead of the usual two). There was a good size fridge and a microwave for our doggie bags from an early supper. The table in the room was very small - not big enough for two people to eat at, but there was only one chair anyway. The people who checked us in and out were friendly, and the lady who kept the breakfast room stocked was extra friendly. The breakfast room was surprisingly small for the size of the hotel. I offered to share my table with a couple who had no place to sit, and I and enjoyed a nice conversation, but it does surprise me that the room would have been built so small. When I checked out a little while later, there were about a dozen people in the very small lobby area by the checkout desk eating breakfast standing up because there were no available seats in the breakfast room. (I don't know why they didn't just take the food back to their rooms, but anyway...) I struggled with the luggage cart getting our things to our room and finally realized that one of the tires was flat. I told the desk clerk, and hopefully they'll get it fixed. I'd be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
jvhospitality, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Thank you for those wonderful comments. We have addressed the luggage cart issue. We are aware of the size of our breakfast room and expansion has been brought up many times. Hopefully the expansion project gets approved this summer.

But I am glad you had wonderful stay with us and hope to see you back soon.

Jay Patel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dickson
BEST WESTERN Executive Inn
#8 of 13 in Dickson
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Centerville

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!