“Getting past first impressions”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Dickson
Berne, Indiana
“Getting past first impressions”
Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Arrived for check-in later in the evening to find the counter clerk outside taking a smoke break. After they got around behind the counter, the process went smoothly. When we got into the elevator, we found the doors scratched full of graffiti. The pool has to be the worst we have ever experienced. It was in desperate need of paint and the smell was not good. We found the rooms to be clean. The beds were very comfortable, some of the best we have slept on. If a good nights sleep its all you need, this place fits the bill. If a pool is important, try another place.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Joe S
jvhospitality, Owner at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear Mr. Joe S:

We know you have many choices for accommodations during your travels and I appreciate you choosing Comfort Inn in Dickson, TN. I also like to thank you for your comments.

I am glad to announce that our indoor heated pool is going to be closed early part of January 2013 for renovations for 6 days to get the pool looking new.

Hope this feedback helps and once again I greatly appreciate your comments and business.

Jay Patel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Coming from the West this was much more convenient than staying in Nashville while driving to East Tennessee. Overall we were pleased with the room, the pet friendliness and the staff. While the breakfast was adequate, the seating space needs to be expanded.

Room Tip: My wife prefers a walk in shower, not one in a tub. The end rooms on the first floor have such How...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Great to hear comments and especially when I am able to address my guest's comments.

I appreciate your comments and business. We are getting our entire hotel showers redone to have non slip floor on our tubs/showers. This particular project will be done on Dec 1st, 2012. So next time you stay with us, your wife and yourself will be able to stand freely while showering.

Also we have budgeted in 2013 is the lobby/breakfast room expansion. It is a larger financial project and we finally have it scheduled for next year.

Hope the above information will be helpful to all our guest and once again thank you for your comments.

Chester, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Extremely friendly Front Desk staff, Patty, I think her name was. Allowed me to come in and use wi-fi to make my reservation. Hotel was in a great location being only about 45 min from Nashville, right off of the on-ramp for i-40. Gave me directions to get a great meal and to find the shopping I needed for the next step on my trip. Will definatley chose this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear Mr. Thad C:

Thank you for your comments and your business. Glad to hear, our rooms were more than accommodating for your travels. Our staff is the strongest part of our operations and I will have to do better job keeping an eye out on my staff as we do like to pamper each and every guest that walks thru our doors.

Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I attend a conference in Dickson every October and have always stayed at the Hampton Inn--until now. When I found out that a room at Hampton was going to be $150/night, decided to check out other nearby hotels and found Comfort Inn right across the street. For HALF the price, the room was just as clean (actually, maybe cleaner, as was the bath/shower), the bed was just as comfortable. I did not have breakfast there, so I can't speak for that. (Not important to me.) I will say that the young woman at the desk barely looked up from her computer when I approached her to check in (she was not busy with another guest either), but I wasn't expecting to be pampered.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Ed:

Sorry for the delayed response. We appreciate all your comments and greatly appreciate your business.

Thanks once again for your kind words about my staff members and I will pass your comments onto them.

Jay Pate;
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 5, 2012

excellent, Jessie, Lisa and Cathey were terrific, great reflection on the hotel and its management, easy check-in and check-out, clean room, and great service in Breakfast area. Would recommend this hotel to any traveler, Overall experience was very good

What I do not appreciate is having to sign up for a new service -- Trip advisor to simply fill out a survey. This part of the survey should be removed or made optional to the guest. I have enough email accounts and do not appreciate having to sign up for another one just to complete a survey.

Room Tip: over-all excellent experience
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
jvhospitality, Owner at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
We thank you for your business and glad to hear that your stay with us was a pleasant one. We take great pride in our guest satisfaction and comments like your encourages us to do so. My staff we tickled to hear their name mentioned and they get encouraged to keep doing their job wonderfully.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Overall the room was clean and neat. My stay was very enjoyable. I was very very pleased with the customer service at this location... My rental car would not start in the morning and the employee at the front helped me get a new rental car very quickly. I had an important meeting that morning and without her help I would have been up a creek without a paddle. Would stay here again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Cedar Park, Texas
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed there for one night. It was easy to get a room at a reasonable price. Very good service. Receptionist was very kind. She showed the room in person and checked us in after we liked it. We had everything we needed in the room. I certainly recommend this Comfort Inn. Breakfast was great as well. I would go back there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family