“I must have got an old room...or stayed at the wrong hotel.”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Dickson
Asheville, North Carolina
“I must have got an old room...or stayed at the wrong hotel.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2012

I have to be honest, I was taken by surprise when I showed up here, based on the otherwise glowing reviews of a renovated and clean hotel. The only conclusion I can draw is that I must have gotten a room that hasn't received this "renovation" treatment I've read so much about.

Our room was straight out of the 80s. The shower head barely worked, there were stains on all of the walls, the bathtub, and the comforter. The couch looked like it was picked up at a garage sale somewhere, and the signage in the room still said Baymont Inn. I don't normally feel icky after sleeping somewhere, but this place was incredibly disappointing.

Breakfast was just fine, and the staff were friendly, but you all must have gotten a completely different room than I did. Maybe it's because I paid with Choice points and got shafted at the end of the hallway...

Regardless, my search for a decent hotel in Dickson continues.

Room Tip: I was at the end of the hall on the 2nd floor. Try not to get that one, as apparently there is a ti...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Easton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2012

I stayed at this hotel when passing through and was pleased with the friendliness of the staff, cleanliness of the hotel, and variety offered at the breakfast. The room appeared to be updated and in good order which is indeed a bonus. I would recommend this hotel if you are in the area. An overall very good and comfortable stay!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Moonrover2004
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2012

Our family stayed at this Comfort Inn for a long weekend for a family reunion nearby. The staff went the extra mile to make us all comfortable. The kids loved the hot breakfast and the pool water was warm and clean. When my daughter got to breakfast just past the time it was served, the lady made extra effort to see that she was taken care of. They even allowed us a very late checkout time so the baby could get his nap in before the long drive home. Overall, it was a wonderful experience. Can't think of anything I would change about the hotel and its staff. Thank you for a great experience! I recommend this place!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2012

Overnight in Dickson on trips home from regular trips visiting relatives further west. Had stayed at other hotels in Dickson previously, but decided to try this Comfort Inn in 2010 based on reviews and price. There are a number of restaurants nearby for dinner. These range from "sit down" to fast food restaurants.

We were delighted with the room (refrigerator & microwave, plenty of towels and cleanliness) and service, especially the 'breakfast' lady who was extremely nice and efficient. The hotel has a small exercise room which I use to "unwind" after a day of driving. I principally use the treadmill, but the hotel has weights and other machines. Whenever we overnight in Dickson, stay at this Comfort Inn and continue to find it a bargain based on location and price. The staff remains efficient & friendly.

Did encounter one issue on this trip. Recent work on the hotel's TV/cable system prevent the remote control from controlling all the TV's functions. Thus, while I could control the channels from the remote, had to turn on the power, and control the volume and muting from the TV itself. The owner Jay Patel said they were working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2012

From check in to check out, it was a pleasant experience. The room was nice and the breakfast meal offered a nice food variety. The staff was also helpful.

• Stayed February 2012
Fayetteville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2012

Clean, large room with desk, reading chair, microwave, and refrigerator. The bathroom had a new shower unit. The breakfast had a good variety, including fresh fruit. The staff were all very courteous and friendly and couldn't do enough to make our stay comfortable. The hotel is pet friendly, yet our room was spotless--even the carpets. No odors or ick in this place. There are many fast food and chain restaurants in the area, several within easy walking distance. Very comfortable place to stay. I will definitely stay again since I travel through several times a year.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
jvhospitality, Owner at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, February 8, 2012
We thank you for your business and glad to hear that your stay with us was a pleasant one. We take great pride in our guest satisfaction and comments like your encourages us to do so.

Thanks,
Jay Patel
Plymouth, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2012

The PERFECT location, just off the highway and situated between numerous restaurants/ bars/ convenience stores. (exit 172, 30 miles from Nashville)

The price was reasonable. The rooms were extremely clean, attractive (fridge, microwave, the works), tub looked brand new and quite. We especially liked the bed and bedding (a very restful night's sleep). The best part was the indoor swimming pool!

We checked in very late, however the process was quick, friendly & painless. We also left rather early as well; we found the morning staff as nice & helpful as the late-night. The halls were clean & quite & we felt extremely safe.

Best part was Lowe's was 3 miles North, Walmart less than 4 miles and a great bowling Alley (Thunder Lanes is in between)!

This place is definitely on or 'return' list.
Give them a try you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: The place was extremely quite...maybe close to the indoor swimming pool!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
jvhospitality, Owner at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, February 8, 2012
We thank you for your business and glad to hear that your stay with us was an excellent one. We take great pride in our guest satisfaction and comments like your assures me that my staff is taking pride and doing their job.

Thanks,