“Good hotel with helpful staff”

Hampton Inn Dickson
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Dickson
stroud, gloucestershire
“Good hotel with helpful staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

A large sink hole that appeared in the car park just before I arrived following a storm, didn't faze anyone.
The hotel was clean, food pretty good and staff were especially nice and helpful with any requests. Good friendly atmosphere.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Williamsburg, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

This was a 1-night layover on our way to Texas. Location was perfect, staff was great, rooms were clean and comfortable. Breakfast was adequate. I base most of my hotel selections on tripadvisor reviews and this one didn't fail!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Waco, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

We were traveling west and wanted to get beyond Nashville to avoid the next morning's rush hour traffic, and we chose this Hampton Inn on the basis of TripAdvisor ratings. Good move! The hotel was attractive, well-maintained, clean — and the bed was obviously comfortable, because I slept through a rather violent thunderstorm that lasted most of the night. The staff was friendly and efficient, and I liked the fact that check-in and check-out, combined, took only about 30 seconds. We travel that route periodically, and we will definitely choose this hotel next time we need to stop in that part of Tennessee.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

We picked the Hampton Inn because they advertise clean bedding and a free hot breakfast. We were very pleased with this hotel because the room and common areas were very clean. The free breakfast was tasty and filling. The breakfast area was nicely decorated with modern decor and kept very clean.

• Stayed July 2012
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Clean hotel with good service. Only disappointment was with Internet speed and tv service.

• Stayed June 2012
Dunnellon, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

We live in Franklin only 30 min away from Dickson, but we needed a place to stay while we were having our hardwood floors refinished. We stayed at Montgomery Bell State Park Inn the first few nights, then the flooring company had two men sick, there was a delay starting the job, and we had to add 2 nights to our stay away from home. The park was booked up so I looked for a low-priced Hampton or Marriott close to my house and came up with the Hampton Inn at Dickson. I also liked the fact that the Hampton had a Cracker Barrel next door and other restaurants in walking distance. And it's nice to go to Ruby Tuesday, also within walking distance, and get a drink or two and not have to drive back. Other restaurants within walking distance to the Hampton are Farmer's, McDonalds, Dunkin Donuts all tucked right in that little corner with some other hotels as you get off I-40. I've never been in a Hampton Inn, but this looked like an older one to me. When we opened the door to our hotel room, we didn't mind whether it was old or not. It was really quite nice, not as nice as a Marriott room, but for the price ($89 for the dates we stayed), very nice (and if you just got through staying at a state park for several nights, you are doubly grateful to check into the Hampton which was only a few dollars more). You get a nice big flat screen TV with the Comcast onscreen guide and all HBO channels and many channels in HD. The beds are comfortable - they have that 'lumpy look' and I was worried I was going to get another wobbly bed, but, happily, the lumps in the bed was part of the quilt design. The pillows are nice and poofy and comfy. You get a nice big clean bathroom. What you do NOT get is a microwave or - sigh, once again - even a Fridge. I have been at 3 hotels in the past month without a fridge - probably more than in my entire lifetime - so I have learned to take my wheelie cooler with me - and maybe I can learn to not complain. But a hotel needs a fridge and microwave - see, if you provide those, you get longer stays....so one star off for no fridge/no microwave. One thing I will never complain about is the indoor pool area - this may be the nicest indoor pool I have ever seen, and I've been in a lot of hotels. I used the pool, I used the jacuzzi, I used the exercise room, and I stepped in the sauna and stepped out. I was very impressed. You get a free breakfast - I did not use it - because I was longing for Cracker Barrel.....the staff is very friendly. The hotel was very quiet yet packed. We had a top floor room on the end. It was very nice. If we need a quick overnight stay close to home ever again, this is where we are going to go.

Room Tip: Always get a top floor.