“Nice stay”

Hampton Inn Dickson
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Dickson
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We picked the Hampton Inn because they advertise clean bedding and a free hot breakfast. We were very pleased with this hotel because the room and common areas were very clean. The free breakfast was tasty and filling. The breakfast area was nicely decorated with modern decor and kept very clean.

• Stayed: July 2012

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Clean hotel with good service. Only disappointment was with Internet speed and tv service.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 20, 2012

We live in Franklin only 30 min away from Dickson, but we needed a place to stay while we were having our hardwood floors refinished. We stayed at Montgomery Bell State Park Inn the first few nights, then the flooring company had two men sick, there was a delay starting the job, and we had to add 2 nights to our stay away from home. The park was booked up so I looked for a low-priced Hampton or Marriott close to my house and came up with the Hampton Inn at Dickson. I also liked the fact that the Hampton had a Cracker Barrel next door and other restaurants in walking distance. And it's nice to go to Ruby Tuesday, also within walking distance, and get a drink or two and not have to drive back. Other restaurants within walking distance to the Hampton are Farmer's, McDonalds, Dunkin Donuts all tucked right in that little corner with some other hotels as you get off I-40. I've never been in a Hampton Inn, but this looked like an older one to me. When we opened the door to our hotel room, we didn't mind whether it was old or not. It was really quite nice, not as nice as a Marriott room, but for the price ($89 for the dates we stayed), very nice (and if you just got through staying at a state park for several nights, you are doubly grateful to check into the Hampton which was only a few dollars more). You get a nice big flat screen TV with the Comcast onscreen guide and all HBO channels and many channels in HD. The beds are comfortable - they have that 'lumpy look' and I was worried I was going to get another wobbly bed, but, happily, the lumps in the bed was part of the quilt design. The pillows are nice and poofy and comfy. You get a nice big clean bathroom. What you do NOT get is a microwave or - sigh, once again - even a Fridge. I have been at 3 hotels in the past month without a fridge - probably more than in my entire lifetime - so I have learned to take my wheelie cooler with me - and maybe I can learn to not complain. But a hotel needs a fridge and microwave - see, if you provide those, you get longer stays....so one star off for no fridge/no microwave. One thing I will never complain about is the indoor pool area - this may be the nicest indoor pool I have ever seen, and I've been in a lot of hotels. I used the pool, I used the jacuzzi, I used the exercise room, and I stepped in the sauna and stepped out. I was very impressed. You get a free breakfast - I did not use it - because I was longing for Cracker Barrel.....the staff is very friendly. The hotel was very quiet yet packed. We had a top floor room on the end. It was very nice. If we need a quick overnight stay close to home ever again, this is where we are going to go.

Room Tip: Always get a top floor.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank RootlessRoamer
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Good location for our needs. Coming in from I-40 from the west. Cracker Barrel in walking distance if you wish. Belfast was just ok. Waffles available. Scrambled eggs like pebbles but I got the last of the batch. Hard boiled eggs were gone. Oatmeal, juice and dry cereal available.
We had 4 family members traveling and I prefer queen beds. These were DOUBLES which I knew ahead of time. Wasn't comfy for anyone. The manager was very nice and accommodating.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We leave near Jackson TN and wanted to stay close to but in Nasville. The hotel was ideal! Dickson offers great eateries. Then one day we drove over to Nashville (just 45 min away). Have zero regrets staying at this Hampton.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Stayed here for a pageant in Dickson, TN that my daughter was in. From the moment we entered the building, we were greeted by the manager who made us feel welcome immediately. The rooms were decent-sized. we asked for a fridge and got one delivered, no charge (also microwave). The breakfast every morning was delicious and there was someone maintaining it constantly. Very clean property, well-maintained. I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Stayed there as a stop over on my way to New Orleans. The room was very clean and comfortable. The breakfast was not bad, but have had better. The eggs and sausage looked and tasted like they were pulled from a package and microwaved. The staff was very friendly and helpful from the front desk to the girl making sure everything at the breakfast area was always fresh and full.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo