“Wonderful Place...”

Quality Inn Decherd
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Decherd
Reviewed December 19, 2012

We were moving from Pennslvania to Tennessee because of our jobs. We were planning to staying about 20 days while waiting on the closing of our home. While the realtor and bank decided to make our lives hellish by putting off the closing by an extra month. The entire staff at this motel did everything they could to make our stay comfortable. I stayed for almost a month with my family of 4 which includes a 1 year old. The motel really couldn't have been a nicer place for us. We spent hours playing in the front yard. The morning staff person even bought us fresh berries one morning with our cereal. The evening staff person offered to help us with our laundry... so they did all our laundry during our stay. It couldn't have been any better except being in our own home. The room was cleaned daily and all problems solved almost immediately, including our microwave breaking. If you decide to stay, you can tell them Jennifer and the kids say "Hi". We really Thank them for being so kind to us.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed October 22, 2012

When we arrived at the Jameson Inn with confirmation number in hand, they could not find it and only had a smoking room available, which really wasn't going to be okay. The person at the front desk did little to make the situation better, but eventually the manager comped our stay in the smoking room and they tried to ameliorate the situation by bringing us a fan.
Later that night, we found stains on some of the sheets. I wasn't expecting five-star accommodations but basic cleanliness would have been nice. We heard people outside all night and didn't sleep well at all. Would not recommend.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank kleverkira
Reviewed September 23, 2012

the motel is always clean and the staff is vary friendly and professional and the rate is fair i have been staying there for about eight years every other week for business it has always been a vary nice place to stay at it is vary convenient for me and the staff has alway been vary friendly

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We returned from vacation to find our home flooded. We have been staying at this hotel now for almost 2 weeks. Everyone has been very helpful to us and as accomodating as they can be. Our work schedules are odd and so housekeeping has been excellent about cleaning our room as soon as we call to request it. This has made this tough time a bit easier for us.

There is a breakfast area in the main lobby. Each morning there are biscuits & gravy, bagels, bread for toast, muffins, cereal, milk, juices, yogurt, and there is also a waffle maker. The food is decent.

Our room is quite spacious. It has an extraordinarily comfortable king bed and a nice size flat screen TV. There is also a mini fridge and microwave. The first night we were in a full size double bed room in which the beds were terribly hard. I'm certain to inspect every bed that we sleep in at a hotel. The linens are very clean and I have had no worries of bugs.

I have felt very safe staying at this hotel. It is right in town next to a grocery store and behind Taco bell. Seems like most of the other guests are in the area working for Nissan.

All in all this is by far the best hotel in town.

Room Tip: If you can, ask for a King room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
JamesonDecherd, Manager at Quality Inn Decherd, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

We recently just got flooded out of our home and have been forced to live here for nearly 2 weeks. They have been so good to us during this time. The manager and staff as well as housekeeping have bent over backwards to make our stay as easy as possible. Working around our work schedules and everything that they don't really have to do. This is by far the best hotel in Franklin County and offers a nice little breakfast of a morning. The rooms are modest with nice flat screen LG tv's. The first night we stayed in a room with 2 full size beds that were just horrible. Those beds should be outlawed they were so hard. The rest of the time we have been in a king size bedroom and im telling you now, I want this bed!!! We done ripped the sheets off to see what kind it was and find out its a Jamesinn Bed. broke my heart a little seeing as how it is the most comfortable I have ever been. Very safe as well, you won't find yourself wondering about your safety here as opposed to other locations in town.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jhw349
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This is a hotel in a small town in Tenn. There are no big attractions and we were there for a family reunion. So I would not expect the same of a hotel in a more metropolitan area. The room was mostly clean. I touched the top cover and my hand began to itch and sting so I immediately washed my hand and took that cover off the bed. The bedding otherwise was clean and the bed itself slept wonderfully. The wifi was spotty, but you could get it if you found just the right way to hold your device. There is a grocery store and fast food within walking distance.

Room Tip: We were in a room with a king sized bed.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank GA2go
Reviewed May 13, 2012

I booked 2 rooms for our family of 4. We also had friends book a room as well. When making our reservations I informed the clerk we were there for a 3 pm funeral on Saturday and asked if I could have a late check out. The clerk advised me not a problem. Well Saturday morning came and they started calling our room at 11 which was the checkout time telling us we needed to leave. The manager said we could not stay any later. I was at the local Walmart getting unbrellas for the funeral because it was pouring. I had to rush back to the room and couldnt get a shower or anything because I "had" to check out. I understand If they had a booked hotel but there were plenty of vacancies for that evening. I inquired in case we were going to stay an extra day. I feel the manager could have been a little more flexible or at least give me an additional 30 minutes to get a shower and get dressed. I would choose another hotel if I ever go back in the future.

• Stayed: May 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Decherd
Best Western Inn
The Sewanee Inn
#1 of 1 in Sewanee
Baymont Inn & Suites Tullahoma
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tullahoma East

Been to Quality Inn Decherd? Share your experiences!