“Gondolier was great!”

Cuisines: Italian
south carolina
“Gondolier was great!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My husband is very picky but he enjoyed the fresh ingredients on his pizza. I enjoyed a salad with the best Ranch dressing I have ever tasted and the chicken parmesean. I'm not much of a spaghetti person and only had 2-3 bites of that. We both thouroughly appreciated the help of the waiter. These Tennessee people went out of their way to see we enjoyed our meal.
The cake (huge piece that my husband and I shared) with raspberry sauce was good!
I don't think you will be disappointed if you have the opportunity to stop by this little restaurant which is located in a strip mall just down the road from the Holiday Inn Express...which will be another of my reviews.

• Visited August 2013

Spring City, Tennessee
“Stopped for a quick lunch”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We just stopped in for a quick bit for lunch. We were promptly seated and the waitress was prompt to get our drink order. I inquired about the day's special and she didn't know what it was but she did go and look. Upon her return, I asked another question about the special and again she didn't know the answer. So she went to find out. We then ordered our lunch. We just decided on two hamburgers. They came with fries and we both asked about a substitution and we were told we could get a salad, no extra charge. The burgers came and they are OK, nothing to write home about. They put them on a large sesame bun which is too big for the burger. When we got the bill, both burgers had an additional charge of a $1.50 for the salads. We took our bill the cashier and it was very obvious that it was his first day. He was so confused I didn't mention the extra charges, and just checked out. Overall this lunch was just OK. Italian is a better choice here.

• Visited May 2013
Lake Orion, Michigan
“desserts are Tn crack”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

we had Italian, which was good, but I personally don't like a sweet marinara, they had burgers and other things on the menu though. The real treat was the desserts, beautiful and delicious, we had the turtle cake to go and fought over after the first bite!

Visited March 2013
Tulsa
“Tasty treat”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Our basketball team needed a spacious restaurant to accomodate everyone and the Gondolier was perfect. We were just hoping everything would taste ok, not knowing anything about this little town nor this restaurant. The staff was great. They didn't panic when I told them that a bus load full of starving basketball players were heading their way for dinner. The restaurant was full but they made room for us. The food was great. A very nice surprise, and the staff did a great job keeping everyone's orders straight and getting us through the cashier at the end without taking too much time. I would highly reccomend this restaurant to anyone visiting Dayton, or even just passing through.

Visited February 2013
Dayton, Tennessee, United States
“Excellent!”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We moved here recently to Dayton, Tn & I was missing having an Olive Garden nearby. So we tried The Gondolier in dayton & was I pleasantly surprised! I love everything at the restaurant. The food, price, service, cleanliness, huge menu with tons of variety, atmosphere all excellent. I go there at least 2x a month. I go there everytime I get a craving for italian food & don't feel like cooking. I get the baked rigatoni with marinara & meatballs & those breadsticks-yummy! I can't wait to go again!

• Visited December 2012