“Oh Dear...”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Bush's Family Cafe

Bush's Family Cafe
Ranked #1 of 44 Restaurants in Dandridge
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Grove City, Ohio
“Oh Dear...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

It was a rainy day in Tennessee, so we had to cancel our plans to go hiking. My wife and I went to Bush's instead. The tour (with the little film) was cute and very informative - which is one of the reasons why this gets 3 stars instead of 1. The people who worked there were nice, but they were more interested in getting you in and out quickly.
We went to the gift shop and looked for something fun to take back. It was the typical gift shop "stuff" - high prices for average products. We asked if we could purchase the canned beans by the case. They said yes, but there was no case discount. That would have been okay, but the beans cost more in across the street from where they are produced than in my local supermarket! Over 10% more, and in my local supermarket, they give you a 10% case discount!
Then we moved on to the restaurant. As I stated earlier, it was raining - Even harder than before we went in. There was no covered path from the gift shop to the restaurant... even though they were attached. What a tremendous oversight! (By the way... Employees can go through the back, not getting wet at all).
We waited 1 minutes for the waitresses to "be ready" even though 6 of there 12 tables were open and set. We were started with a sample of the "bean of the day" - the best part of the meal. My wife got the chicken salad sandwich, which was basic, but tasty. I got the special of the day. If I didn't know better, I would think they imported it from the local high school cafeteria. It was chicken casserole, with canned green beans and over-salted mashed potatoes. The casserole was 4 or 5 bits of chicken with some crunchy pieces of breading, covered in what seemed to be a ton of Campbell's cream of chicken soup. They charged $8 for this!
After lunch we tried their "famous" pinto bean and pecan pie. It was delicious! It was basically a pecan pie that was very "starchy". It was only $3 and worth a shot. I'm glad we tried it.
I probably would not go back to Bush's again. Love the beans... not crazy about the place.

• Visited April 2013

AaroTravel
“Fun Time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great Food, Great Service. Very clean and friendly enviroment. Worth the drive out from Pigeon Forge. Check open times to enjoy the museum and have a great lunch. Best pies you'll ever eat.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank AaroTravel
Clinton, New Jersey
“Nicely done, humorous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

This is a very nice couple of hour stop. We did this on our way to check out the nearby lake. The lake was kind of disappointment if you cannot get out on it, but this was good. It all looks new and it is interesting for the kids. The short video on the plant tour is also worth it. This is all free. The gift shop is also nice. They also have a cafe which we did not try out.

Visited April 2013
Fort Payne, Alabama
“Great Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

What a treat! Loved my lunch, Country Fried Steak, very generous serving, super sweet potatoe fries! We shared a piece of PEANUT BUTTER PIE! Oh so good! Price is right.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Lovesouthalways
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Bad food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

Meatloaf was extremely dry and not very tasty; rolls were blah, we took 2 desserts home - bean/pecan pie - not very good and the buttermilk pie was not good either.

Visited January 2013