“Very unprofessional manager”

Mountain Harbor Marina
Ranked #5 of 17 things to do in Dandridge
More attraction details
Owner description: Bass, Pontoon & Paddle Boat Rentals, Jet Ski Rentals, Canoe Rentals
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Did not stay at the inn, but rented a boat there. The staff at the desk was very nice. We went to the marina rent a boat. I called for a boat to pull a tube...assumed ski boat. Went to the dock, me, the father and 2 teenage daughters. They gave us a pontoon boat with a 2 person tube.
We had a great time on the lake until the Natural Resources Police stopped us on the lake. Apparently we were illegal. I was driving the boat, with my 2 teenage girls on the tube. The pontoon boat did not have mirrors. The law is, if you are pulling someone one a tube, you have to have mirrors or someone older than twelve watching the tube. I was turned sideways in the seat, watching. But at the marina, I was never informed of this. The police said it was not the responsibility of the marina to tell me. So i received a 170 dollar fine.
So I returned to the marina a little upset. I asked the manager about law requiring a mirror if I am towing 2 kids on tube, with just me driving. He responded by saying, he is not required to explain the boating laws to everyone who rents a boat. I responded, still being civil, that if you knew 3 of us were going on a pontoon boat and we had a 2 person tube, then we would be illegal. The manager responded by pointing his finger in my face, stating "you people don't even have time to wait for directions" Exact words. I responded saying that us people are your customers, whom without, you would have no business. And i kept trying to explain, 3 people, 1 adult, 2 teenagers and we rented a 2 person tube, it would have been nice to been told it was illegal. He continued to say its not his responsibility.
I will admit ignorance of the law is no excuse, but common courtesy would have been nice if you knew we were breaking the law, not a finger pointing in my face. Very disappointed at the response by the manager.

10  Thank podpig

Reviewed June 11, 2012

We go to Mountain Harbor to rent ski boats and waverunners, I also have rented a pontoon boat that was very clean and like new.

1  Thank Susie J
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Perfect rental and assistance from caretaker @ dock.

Reviewed September 7, 2011

We rented a pontoon boat for a 4 hour day out on the lake and we were very impressed. The boat was nearly new, ran like a charm and the only thing I noticed that could have been better was the carpet had dog hair on it and needed to be swept a bit. Otherwise great experience!

1  Thank HisDawn
Reviewed September 3, 2011

Great time using rental jet ski's. Mountain Harbor Marina has a good thing going with what they have available for public use. Our only complaint would be the cost as fuel was a fortune. However, the hourly fee was half price. Nice staff...

1  Thank HerzogRJ