“Friendly Staff”

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Dandridge
Memphis, Tennessee
“Friendly Staff”
Reviewed June 6, 2012

This property appears to be a newer Hampton Inn. Friendly and helpful front dest agent at check in. Large room and large bath. Room was spotlessly clean. Well stock breakfast selection.

Room Tip: South side of building will be quieter as the north side faces interstate 40.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Illinois
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We have a garmin and this hotel wasn't listed on it yet so I need to update.... We love Hampton Inns so were happy to see it at our night stay in Dandridge... The lady at check-in was very nice and helpful...I think her name was Alaini....The room was just great and a very comfy bed... Restaurants close by and a beautiful view from our room......We sure will stay here again...

Room Tip: We stayed on first floor ....so convenient for us. It was very quiet...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
McLean Virginia
Reviewed May 29, 2012

After a long day of travel, this was a welcome relief. Nice, new, clean, and made all the more
pleasurable by the kind and friendly employees who clearly take pride in the hotel and their work.
The breakfast was great, and a worker even walked around with freshly-made omelettes for us to try. The workout room had all nice equipment/t.v. and the pool looked enticing too (indoors) if I'd only remembered my suit. Workers said goodbye to us like we were old friends. I have to make this trip again in a few weeks and will definitely schedule my drive around stopping at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Between Asheville, NC and Knoxville, TN there are not a lot of choices. But, this newer Hampton Inn was a great find and a welcome respite as I pulled in at 2:30 a.m. Very comfortable, very clean, very convenient.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Doug-n-Tricia
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed April 15, 2012

We often stay at Hampton Inn hotels when traveling by car. We stopped for one night as we traveled East to NC and wanted a place to stay before going through the Mountains (a very good decision). It's another hour and one-half drive to Asheville and the twisting I-40 route through the mountains requires an alert driver.

This hotel experience was excellent in all respects. The hotel is very well maintained. The service at check in and check out was excellent. Our room was very clean and equiped with a small microwave and refrigerator. The bedding was clean and comfortable. The complementary internet connection was good; choice of wifi or ethernet connection. The bathroom was well maintained, good quality towells (for this level hotel) and the shower pressure was very good (not overly restricted as is often the case in hotels located near interstate highways). The breakfast and coffee was better than most. We didn't get a chance to use the pool.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed March 11, 2012

We (me, wife and two young children) stopped at the Hampton Inn Dandridge last summer (June 2011) while on the way to Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Long story short we left too late and couldn't make it to our campsite and elected to stop here rather than the previous two exits in order to avoid the Pidgeon Forge mayhem.

This hotel is worth stopping at if you're looking for a nice room in a clean hotel--the hotel was reportedly brand new and it looked like it--plus nice amenities like a pool and workout room were appreciated. Breakfast was great. Staff was wonderful from the gentleman at check in (talked baseball...no problem there!!) to the nice lady who ran a wonderful breakfast the next morning (she put up with our kids which we appreciated). It's those touches that really make it hard to think of another chain to go to.

We only wish that there was more to do at this exit at least for a traveler on a Sunday night. The restaurant options nearby were minimal, perhaps there's something more in Dandridge. Again, we were trying to avoid P-Forge further west where the hotel prices are a little higher (see also my review of Ruby Tuesdays).

Room Tip: Get a room on the non-interstate side and you can get a peek of the Smokies.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed December 21, 2011

Just stayed for 1 night on a quick trip to the area (new Pigeon Forge). There aren't many decent hotels at this particular exit (exit 417 off I-40 East), and last time I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express and it was not great-- pretty old and worn out. This time I had sufficient notice of my travel dates to pick what I presumed would be the best hotel at the exit- the Hampton Inn. Paid 99.00 w/ my AAA discount. Yes, higher than the HIE, (75.00) but well worth the extra. We had an accessible room on the 3rd floor and it was so huge- I loved it. I don't know if all the rooms are this large, maybe this one was because it was Handicap Accessible- but it was great. The hotel is only 18 months old, which of course is a plus. The carpet is stain-free (a big thing to me), plenty of room in the bathroom and even a sizeable "foyer" or entryway upon entering the room. Was quiet and peaceful, the beds were comfortable. Just don't like Hampton's pillows- way too smushy, but so what? I refuse to drag along my own pillows along with all the other stuff you have to pack & drag in, so guess I'll just have to do with smushy pillows. Had the free breakfast- standard hotel free breakfast, nothing exciting, but does the trick . They also had sack breakfasts you could grab if you didn't have time to sit down & eat, that's a nice touch. I loved the hotel and on any return trips to visit my niece in the area I will stay at the Hampton.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dandridge
Quality Inn
Hampton Inn Morristown, I-81
Hampton Inn Morristown, I-81
#2 of 12 in Morristown
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kodak East-Sevierville

Been to Hampton Inn Dandridge? Share your experiences!